Plant ID please!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soggy Bottom Ranch

Reaction score
Can anyone end my husbands misery, and identify this plant please? We have several types of wild berries in our woods that he has been picking, but he hasn't been able to identify this one, and it's bugging the heck out of him!!!
default_new_rofl.gif

He said the plant is about 4' tall, and the bigger leaves are about 4" x 4" in diameter.

Pictures38369.jpg

Pictures38373-1.jpg

We're in wisconsin. Unlike a blackberry or raspberry that is one big berry, these are all individual little round berries on their own stems. They look like they'd be one big berry, but they are not.

Oh, you are very welcome for the link! Might come in handy at some point I thought.
default_wink.png

It looks like an Elderberry to me. They grow wild here. And they are very much edible. You can take a sample to you local garden center or Ag office and they can identify it for you.

"Norwegian scientists have found they can shorten a colds duration by 4 days and combat the two most common strains of flu viruses A and B. Israeli research has found they're even 99% effective against bird flu." This is a quote from Woman's World Magazine

Nope, they are NOT edible. If you go back up to post #5, I put a link on there to what it is, and to the forum that helped me identify the plant. I thought that forum might come in handy at some point if you ever need help identifying anything. I put a couple posts on there that I needed identified, and had the answer from someone within a half hour of posting!
default_new_shocked.gif

The interesting thing about that plant, even though it says the berries are inedible, it says that a one time the roots were used to flavor teas and root beers.
default_unsure.png

default_saludando.gif
Hey, thanks for the link! I really enjoyed checking it out. I'm always finding plants and flowers that I like, but can't remember some and don't know others. So much beauty to see in this great, big world. I bookmarked it as well.

God bless,

Joan

Latest posts

Back