Pit Bulls Kills Mini Horse Donated to Cancer-Stricken Child

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After reading this I emailed the Make A Wish chapter in Amarillo. I offered one of my boys but it seems they have one already. This is the response I received from them:

Thank you so much for the offer. We have located a cart trained pony in

Utah for Christian. We truly appreciate your offer.

I am so happy the child will have another horse and a big thank you to the farm in Utah!

Well KUDOS :aktion033: to whom ever donated another horse to this little boy.

Mini horse owners truly are the most giving people I've ever met.

Thank you, :aktion033: to who ever donated the mini for this child.

I just talked to my hubby tonight at supper telling him about this and he said "donate Ruby". I came here with the intention of doing just that. I'm happy to know it is being taken care of.

I'm sorry for the loss of the horse, but a taller fence should be used
I'm very sorry for their loss too, but I'm also positive that most of the people on this board probably do not have the type of fencing needed to keep out large dogs. Saying they should have used a higher fence is not fair, the fact is, the dogs (ANY dog) should not have been left to roam and it is the responsibility of a dog owner to controll his/her animal. Unless a person lives in an area with many loose dogs, I'm sure most people design their fences to keep their horses in, not to fence out every possible intruder.

Pit Bulls make good target practice as do most loose dogs. In my area, if you like your dogs, keep them home. If they get loose, don't expect them to return home. Loose dogs don't have a long life span. I didn't like it but, I've had to shoot a few for chasing my horses. I keep a fully loaded .22 simi-automatic rifle on safety, just for that reason. I will protect my horses from any 2 or 4 legged varmet that happens to threaten them.

I contacted Make-A-Wish yesterday about offering a colt for a replacement but I have yet to hear from them. I guess this is why I didn't receive a yes or o from them. Glad the little boy is getting a horse from someone though. Thank you to the people in Utah and anyone else that offered a horse or money.

[SIZE=12pt]I have been contacted by a representative for Make A wish and they are purchasing my mini Philoco's Buckshot (Tombstone) to replace the mini that was killed. I am so sorry for the little boy and I hope Tombstone can bring him joy. He is being picked up this weekend . Wish I could be there for the presentation. The paper has been covering it. There is a picture of Tombstone and a story in it today. :aktion033: [/SIZE]

http://www.amarillo.com/stories/102407/new_8759490.shtml

Go to the top of this story and hit news and then todays new and it will give you the latest story

Donna

Latest posts

Back