Pistol's beginning weight and picture

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevycouple

Reaction score
I decided since all of you have been so supportive that I will two week updates including feed, weight, and pictures. So here is the first. I know you just saw pictures but i thought I would include a today picture with a today weight.

Weight: 150.8 lbs

Feed program:

AM feeding 4 lbs hay and 1/2 small coffee can nutrena youth

Noon feeding 1/2 small coffee can nutrena youth and 1 full can beet pulp with shredded apples and carrots 4 lbs hay if morning hay gone.

PM feeding 4 lbs hay and 1/2 small coffee can nutrena youth

PICT0774.jpg

PICT0773.jpg

This little guy is so lucky to have such a loving owner who cares so much. I have a feeling we're all going to see him just bloom. I can't wait.

Yeah and I think you guys and my friend with the scale will notice the most. The record keeping on my part will help me notice better also.

This is a good learning experience! Thank you for posting the information, hopefully it will help others. Your little guy will be SO excited to get food! I've had some underweight horses, the change in energy is amazing... they go from so quiet and subdued to full of energy and fun! Enjoy your horse!

Andrea

He's had his full share of food Andrea just not nutricious food with the drought and dairy's taking all the good hay.

[SIZE=14pt]That is still only 6 cups aprox a day of nutrina feed.....he should get that much at least twice a day within the next couple of weeks. I personally think that much isnt enough. [/SIZE]

My yearling colt was getting 6 cups twice a day if 10%fat 10% protein feed with beet pulp ,and hay.

Lyn

I look foward to seeing the updates
default_smile.png
He's a cute little guy, with looong legs, how tall is he?

I just love his sweet little face
default_wub.png
: . Im so glad he has such a loving owner
default_yes.gif
: Cant wait to see in 2 weeks!!!! :lol:

I think he is going to be very nice looking when hes filled out good luck!! :bgrin
default_wub.png
:

Lyn I agree that it's not enough but I am starting small to build up. I don't want to kill the poor guy like someone on here said if I feed to much to fast. And anyway he always has some left by the next feeding.

He is one lucky fellow. He has such a kind and gentle eye. Look forward to seeing his updates.

Latest posts

Back