Pinto's

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Girrawheen

Reaction score
Hi

I hope this is not a silly question..........

For those that show pinto's, what products do you use to bathe that will enhance the black and brighten the white. Any other show products that are good on Pinto's would be appreciated also.

Many thanks

Rio Vista makes a shampoo called Hi Ho Silver, and it's great for pintos, as it's supposed to enhance the black and white hairs. It has a "bluing" for the white hairs, but it's somehow formulated to do a good job on the black ones as well.

Thank you very much SandyWI, I am looking to see where I may buy some from now.
default_yes.gif
:

I use Quick Silver on my pintos, also with bluing. You do have to be careful not to leave it on too long. I have never used a product to blacken the black, because our black pintos tend to stay nice and black - no fading. Of course they have other issues, like manes and tails!!

I use Absorbine Sunscreen all through show season and we turn our horses out in the daytime

it really keep them from fading in the sun and keep the black real black it doesn't work as well on manes and tails but soak them good with it it says once a week i do it 2 times a week

here is the black and white jr stallion we are showing this year and he has been out in this sun everyday with the exception of a few horrible hot days where everyone was left under the fans in their stalls

smokinpoopedited.jpg

HPIM2678.jpg

I try not to use bluing shampoos anymore unless I have to as I turned a horse of mine into a purple and black pinto.. i got distracted went to go do something else came back and OMG he was stained and it wouldnt rinse out it did eventually but eventually is the key word in that sentance
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I actually just use baby shampoo on all my horses it rinses easily ( and any leftover shampoo can cause dulling) raven tends to use like half a bottle of shampoo so a gentle easy rinsing one works best for me and that way i can really scrub faces as well

I have never used blueing shampoos for that reason it scares me to go purple

and i bought some but never had the guts to use it

The answer is scrub, scrub scrub and rinse rinse rinse

I ususlly do manes at least 3 times and white areas during bathing

I just keep going back and repeating the mane especially

Latest posts

Back