Pink Lily of the Valley.....pictures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharon

Reaction score
We have always had white Lily of the Valley growing here and I have always loved them. A couple years back when I was strolling around a local flea market, I came upon the table of this sweet little old woman. What struck my eye at her table were these very familiar plants. Only thing was, the flowers were pink. Yes, my much loved Lily of the Valley flowers but in PINK!!!

I asked the woman about them and she said she had been raising them for years. I told her about how much I had always loved the white ones and that I was going to buy some of her pretty pink ones. She told me to make sure that I don't plant the pink ones close to the white ones or the pink would revert back to white. I have no idea if that is true, but yes, I did plant my pink ones right up by the house, where there are no white ones growing. They have been spreading each year and the pink seems to be getting a bit stronger as the years go by.

Now, I would like to share these very pretty and very fragrant little lilies with you.......

In this pic, there is also a Jack in the Pulpit hiding amongst the LOTV.

ef0f3dc0.jpg

Closeup.

eea01ce1.jpg

Side by side comparison. You can see that the pink flowers are smaller than the white.

eea01c98.jpg

Edited to add: The pink color is a little washed out in the pics. They are actually a little bit pinker. Not a bright pink, but like a pastel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very pretty. I don't think I've ever seen Lilly of the Valley growing; however my sister absolutely loves them.

I've never seen them in pink. Thanks for posting. They are beautiful!

Lily of the Valley is one of my all time faves.....those lil' flowers sure do have a powerful scent!

I am soooo jealous that you have PINK ones!! lol
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Oh Sharon, they are so wonderful..I have millions of white. can I buy just one this fall from you pretty please? I have a new rock garden and I promise to keep it way far away.
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back