Pictures of preg. mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HJF

Reaction score
This will be her 4th. Her udder has developed a lot more since I last checked her a few days ago. Will get udder pictures later, the batteries on the camera died. How close does she look? She's due around the 30th this month. She always gets HUGE though...clipped her belly today also.

fascination010.jpg

fascination011.jpg

Here she is after she foals and you can see how much her belly tucks up after she has her baby...

scan0023.jpg

Im not experienced to comment but I do have to say I really like your mare and have been really impressed with all your horses I have seen pictures of so far...Beautiful mare.

Her belly and body looks a lot like a mare we have who is due probably within the week!

Her vulva, though, doesn't look like its elongated quite enough. Her being due around the 30th seems about right, IMO.

MA

she looks pretty close, of course i have little experience. but not all mares do the elongating thing.

example: http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g142/ale...talSigns006.jpg my mare last year right before she foaled.

can't wait to see your new foal, your mare is so pretty!!
default_wub.png
:

Chloe's playing the "I'll have a tight bag in the morning when Mom checks me, but I'm going to soften all day while she has others running to check me and she's worrying about me all day at work" game. Just how long will she keep this up?????
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
:

I watched her most the night because although her bag wasn't tight, her tail head muscles were soft and her vulva was long...she slept more than I did. :eek:
sounds like Chloe is having more fun with that game than you are karla. lol.

good luck with that whole sleep deprivation thing. :risa_suelos:

Yeah, I don't think it will be too soon...but her belly just looks ready though! She's one that foals when you least expect it..doesn't show signs as well as others....she's not a night one, she usually has it without you even knowing while you are in the barn...

This is our one and only for the year, don't breed that much any more (compared to 3-4 Quarter horses and about 3-4 minis every year) we didn't even have any last year.

So hoping for a filly! But will be happy with a healthy colt.
default_smile.png

I just have to say that mare is beautiful. That last pix of her all slick in summer, wowza
default_wub.png
: I have a mare thats hanging a lot lower than yours and has been that way for at least a couple weeks. But I have other mares that never get very big. And worst of all some will get huge weeks before foaling and have u waiting for weeks and weeks but the next pregnancy they gain almost no weight and dont even look preg. the day before they foal. Ive had it happen.

I just have to say that mare is beautiful. That last pix of her all slick in summer, wowza
default_wub.png
: I have a mare thats hanging a lot lower than yours and has been that way for at least a couple weeks. But I have other mares that never get very big. And worst of all some will get huge weeks before foaling and have u waiting for weeks and weeks but the next pregnancy they gain almost no weight and dont even look preg. the day before they foal. Ive had it happen.
Thanks for your comments on Fascination
default_smile.png

We were so lucky to have got her at a rock bottom price at a sale a couple years ago. I think I would have bought her for her head alone. She looks like a mini Morgan to me.

I hate waiting and wish she would have it soon before we start going to more shows lol.

Latest posts

Back