Pics of my birthday cake

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REO

Reaction score
Well.........................

I decided that if I *had* to turn 50, I could have some fun doing it!

I bought a 47 cent gold plastic "50" at hobby lobby and painted it. You can't see but it has blue glitter and glittered roses.

When I was a very (very) little girl, they put little plastic ballerinas on my cake. I stood in the kitchen and stared at them and loved them so much! I don't intend to lose my inner child so I wanted ballerinas on my cake once again! These are not the same ones, I got these years ago (vintage) I scrapped off the sloppy paint off them and painted them all the same and put glitter on them.

I didn't want a forest fire (LOL) so I put 1 candle per 10 years. I love roses & diamonds so I put roses and sparkle pins on. Just things I already had!

Here is my chocolaty devil's food cake! The icing shooter thingy broke so it's not as nicely done as I would have liked!

With candles lit!

(stupid photobucket won't stop rotating my photo
default_sad.png

Close up of the top

And bottom

smaller4.jpg

You did a great job!!! Your painting skills are wonderful, those little details are what makes it special!!!! I'd love to receive a special cake like that! I can imagine it's yummy taste right now....... mmmmmm!

Happy (A little late!!!!) Birthday!!!!
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It's beautiful just like you! I wish I'd known it was your birthday, I just looked at your profile to see it was yesterday. Happy belated birthday Robin! thank you for just being you!! {{{big hug}}}} to you, I hope you had a wonderful day.

You did a great job on your cake Robin.....And a big Happy Birthday to you. Sorry I missed it. I have been out of town.

Thank you everyone!
default_wub.png

The icing decorating didn't turn out (it's what I get for using a $4.97 doo-hicky which broke!) but the idea is there! Last year for our 25th anniversary I did a HUGE 3 layer cake all in silver and white! Even more fancy! It was my first try. This was my 2nd try.

I wish I could pass you all a slab of cake through your computers!
default_smile.png

Debby, did you rotate my photo? If so, thank you!!!!!

Happy birthday! Beautiful cake!

You did good! The only cake I ever decorated was a likeness to Diaper Dan for a baby shower. It looked good but I was up half the night making it!

Happy belated! My mom used to always bake some sort of cake for every child and grandchild's bd. Never pretty but always tasty! Makes me miss her all the more.

I've been baking my own birthday cake for as long as I can remember!
default_smile.png

But I never forgot those ballerinas on a cake (my grandma used to make my cakes then) when I was around 5 yrs old.

Robin, it is lovely. You sound like me. After my favorite cake shop closed, I ended up making all the family's cakes myself. It's no fun at bdays, I have to make my own cake
default_sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great cake
default_yes.gif
It is amazing how something sticks in our memories from when we were young. When I was 5 my mom made me this little fake fur coat with a hat and a muff to match. It was lined with silky fabric with ballerinas on the fabric. I loved that coat and wore it everywhere, even in the summer. I can close my eyes today and see it in my mind like it was yesterday. The ballerinas looked just like the ones on your cake.

Happy Happy Birthday. Hope your day was extra special.

Robin-I'm a cake decorater; and that IS a beautiful cake! If that's what you do with a "cheap icing do-hickey", just think what you'd do with the good equipment! And Happy Belated Birthday too!

Aw thanks!
default_smile.png
You're all so sweet
default_wub.png

That was a $4.97 set and the pusher thing broke. I hope to get a better one next year.
default_smile.png
I would love to try this again.

Maybe I'll get up the nerve to post the cake I made for our silver anniversary last year (my first try)

This birthday cake was a 9" on the bottom and a 5.75" on the top. But the one last year was huge! It was a two layer 10" cake on the bottom with a two layer 8" cake on it, then the tall column thing with the two layer 5.75" cake on the top. It was HUGE! And done all in silver and white
default_smile.png

Would love to see a pic of that cake
default_yes.gif
I am a terrible baker and cannot even frost a cake! I have a lot of respect for those who can.

Latest posts

Back