pics of heavy horses from fair today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twister

Reaction score
These horses were awesome

DSC00987.jpg

DSC00994.jpg

DSC00983.jpg

Enjoy the view :bgrin

Yvonne

Oh, Oh, Oh! I want to drive! I want to drive!

What an AWESOME team! Thanks for sharing!

~Dana~

Those are two very nice hitches. I admire those guys who have the time and money (VERY $$$) to put together teams like that. The horses are each $2500-20,000 (x6), the harness is each $5,000 (x6), shoes are $350+ per horse (x6) hitch wagon is $7500-25,000... and then to feed and care for those guys...

Thanks for the pics!

Andrea

OMGosh! They're awesome! Andrea is so right. I have 1 (only 1) belgian that is trained to drive single and double but I've never hooked her up because I can't afford the tack! It's seriously expensive. And that's just the everyday stuff for around the farm. Can't imagine what it would cost to outfit them in show tack. :new_shocked:

Thanks for the gorgeous pics. :aktion033:

:aktion033: You are welcome, my husband and I were watching them and wondering what it cost to put a team together, we knew it was way out of our league :bgrin We just enjoy watching them so much, those driviers have to be really fit and strong to handle 6 horses like that. The winner was going to be going to a big competition in the US that they had to qualify for by winning yesterday's competition. So maybe you all will see the finals :lol: The ground rumbled when they passed by.

Yvonne

Oh yeah I love those guys. We were at a fair all weekend showed on friday and had to stay til' sunday and on sunday the heavy horse were supposed to drive but it was cancelled due to rain I was soo upset that is the highlight every year. Hope you enjoyed it maybe I'll see it next year! ~Jessica

Back