Pics of collection and extension

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Myrna, I have you beat -- Mingus was FREE. Someone thought he was a throwaway...I beg to differ.
Well, actually the previous owner did want to give him away, but there was guy that Chad knew that wouldn't take a free dog because free is worthless (nothing against Mingus, this was just our thought process at the time), so we gave the lady a quarter. She wanted to see him do something besides stand in her pasture because she felt he had potential. Her kids were teenagers and had "outgrown" the minis. They were showing state-level QHs.

How we got Alax is part of his "story" that the announcers use at the carriage shows. At Alax's first big show, we had gotten 2nd in Pleasure and the announcer prefaced his placing with, "In 2nd place and definitely not a worthless horse..." It was really cool to hear it that way!
biggrin.gif

It's amazing what can be done with a "throwaway" horse! I have a new mare that we are working with right now on a free lease to see if she will make a wheeler with Alax in the tandem. She is a 5 yr. old BOB granddaughter with a nice, hooky neck. The owner is in college out-of-state with no time for her. When we get farther along, I'll post photos on my website. She has OK extension right now, but needs to learn to use her butt.

Myrna

RhineStone said:
It's amazing what can be done with a "throwaway" horse!
Cheers to that!! Nobody thought Spyder was worth anything because he was too old and he cleaned up for years with a little love and faith. Kody was advertised in the newspaper for $150 after being a backyard pet for his whole life, no manners, no training, no nothing, still a stallion. Turbo is not a throwaway but was free due to a health concern and I'll be starting him from scratch. Those are the best kind.

Leia

One of the main reasons I hardshipped Mingus into AMHR was to put on record that he is not a worthless throwaway.

How great that the announcers tell Alax's story. It gives everyone perspective to know how this beautiful, well-trained driving horse got to where he is today.

How great that the announcers tell Alax's story. It gives everyone perspective to know how this beautiful, well-trained driving horse got to where he is today.
The very light pinto in the photos from the Columbus show was also a "rescue", basically it was "if you don't take her, I guess I'll have to put her down". She is a very nice mare, and perfect for her driver.

All of our ADS Pleasure shows have us submit Announcer Notes. I suppose that doesn't happen at the mini breed shows? Yes, it really is fun to hear everyone's "stories" of their horses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I'd post a few photos of my sweet boys.

Bear with me. It has been a long time since I've downloaded a photos. Don't know if I remember how.

Here is our gelding:

regioncrop.jpg

tredited.jpg

Here is a couple of pics of one of our driving stallions. He is the sweetest stallion.

daffodilpuck.jpg

cropedited.jpg

Can't help but love my boys!

Latest posts

Back