Pics of all my babies so far

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepperhill

Reaction score
I have had 8 foals so far and finally got pics of all of them on the computer. I am still learning about my new digital camera so not all of them are the greatest quality. I just love each and every one of them!

This first one is Buttons, born the end of Feb. He taught me that I don't ever want to have a foal that early again. It is too cold in my area!

Buttons.jpg

He is going to shed out to be grey, but his mane is leaning toward black. He is a real rowdy!

This one is Snowbelle. She was 30 days early and surprised us one cold night just before bed. She taught me about dystocias. I had to go in to find the one leg that was bent back during her birth and get it in the right position for the first time ever. She came through with flying colors!

Snowbelle2.jpg

DCFN0038.jpg

Jigsaw came the very next day. I was expecting a black and white as that is the usual color I get with his parents, but it looks like he is going to be a silver dapple like his mom.

Jigsaw.jpg

JigsawandLacy.jpg

Jigsaw had a bout with colic the other day that about scared the life outa me, but he is recovering nicely. I learned about very young foals and treating colic!

Next I had Cayenne. He was 40 days early! That is counting from his dam's delivery date from last year, so actually he was probably earlier since her foal heat wouldn't have been for another week or so. It was rough at first but we got him to rally. He taught me to have a 60cc syringe on hand for milking mares. I have never had to do this before, but am a pro now! :lol: He is very much Pepper's Dash of Cayenne now!

CayenneandSnipet.jpg

Cayenne1.jpg

Joker was born on April fools day, thus the name. His coloring was a real surprise, and he taught me about color genetics. That was when I learned that his sire has the sabino gene. This information had been a secret prior to his birth! :bgrin He has racehorse legs that go on for a mile. I'm not sure where they came from as both parents are smaller in stature.

Joker1.jpg

Joker2.jpg

Rebel was born next and he had a very rocky start. He was a "fainting" foal (narcoleptic) and just wanted to lay there in a trance for three days. He almost died. Rebel is the foal that taught me about dexamethasone and the miracles it can do. He now goes 100 mph at all times. He is just the tiniest little thing!

Rebelshowingoff.jpg

Rebels1stdayout.jpg

He is always showing off and posing for his pics!

After his scary birth we had an easier one. This is Summer, named for her sunny sweet disposition. Her momma just dropped her out when noone was looking. She is always shy around the camera, so I don't have many pics. She is a palamino pinto although the pic doesn't show it well. She taught me to always check the cam before and after every shower!

Summergettingherlegs.jpg

And finally, my very favorite baby, Tessa. She is out of my favorite palamino mare and I just love them both to pieces. Mystery squirted Tessa under the gate when foaling, but we caught it at the very end on the camera and were able to get them back together quickly! She taught me a bit about safer fencing! I have been waiting forever for a buckskin filly!

TessaandMystery.jpg

Tessasgreeneyes.jpg

I have two mares left to foal, and possible my jenny too. Thanks for enjoying my babies with me. Each and every one is a miracle!
default_wub.png
: My education continues.............

default_wub.png
: Congrats on all the beautiful foals you have
default_wub.png
: cant wait to see the new ones when they get here!
default_yes.gif
:
default_wink.png
:

:aktion033: Wow i love them all.

You could write a book with the foaling year you have had.
default_wink.png
:

Hope the next one are easy brezy.

Oh man, do you EVER deserve a nice, restful summer!

What beautiful babies, and I am glad each one is doing well.

Latest posts

Back