Photo Shoot! UPDATED!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MindyLee

Reaction score
I am scheduled to have my 1st farm photo shoot this morning and of course it has to thunderstorm now. I have had this cancled 2 other times already cause of different reasons and now it's rainning! :arg! I have all 7 of my minis bathed, clipped, cleaned and stalled right now so hopefully they will stay somewhat clean till the rain lets up. It's supposed to clear up this afternoon, so hopefully I can go on with this highly anticipated shoot.

Have any of you ever experianced this where no matter what, things just dont happen smoothly at first when you are having a photo shoot?

default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif

UPDATE: Stoped rainning and sun is out, but now have to wait for photographer to come out between 3pm & 5pm as she made other plans due to the rain this morning. BUT it's back on if the weather still permits than.

Last edited by a moderator:
You've got very nice horses, no matter what the weather they will shine! Hope you do get some sun though.

Love your Iris garden!

OH NO-when it rains, it pours I guess!!! LOL
default_wink.png
(sorry I couldn't resist)

I truly hope the sun comes out so you can get those beautiful minis pictures done and we can see them!!!
default_luck.gif
:goodluck

Did you get the shoot done? I know what you mean about stuff going wrong. And it's SO MUCH WORK to get everyone cleaned up and ready then to have to keep them like that! I hope it worked for you.

We had pretty good luck last week. Only one rainy/stormy evening. And do you know what happened that night? It stops raining, the clouds are breaking up, there is still thunder and lightning up in the clouds and I'm reeeeally afraid of lightning. The photographer and assistants make me go out in the street (our prefered shoot area) with the horse. The WET street! I had the jitters so bad I made the horse jumpy!

Let us know how it went please.
default_smile.png
And we'd sure like to see the results when you have them.

Charlotte

Yep, not only conditioning, clipping, bathing and grooming the horses to get them ready, we are at the mercy of the weather as well! Getting horses ready for a photo shoot is a LOT of work, but the pictures are so worth it! Can't wait to see yours!

We are preparing to have ours soon also - that is one reason that I decided to go with a local professional - in case the weather is bad. Also it will save me loads of money on hotel fees and travel costs. Not that I'm being cheap but one must watch the pennies.
default_wink.png
The weather most certainly turned into a beautiful day so I'm sure she was able to have her photos done! Can't wait to see your photos Mindylee!
default_smile.png

That's where I'm lucky my daughter can take great photos! Plus I DON'T pay her~!!
default_biggrin.png

Of course I watch my grandson every day, plus have housed her mare for the last 17 years . . .
default_laugh.png

And I agree - you have some beauties!!!

1st off, Thank you for all the kind words about my horses even with the horriable backyard shots on my website. Like many of you, I've worked long and hard the past 5+ years to get my beautiful herd to where it is today...

With that said:

I got some GREAT photos today!
default_thumbup.gif

DONE WITH THE SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My photographer is local and was very well known to the miniature industry so that is a + for me as she has a lot of experiance in minis and photography. Many of you may know of her and Im sure you will reconize her old farm name (Squaw Creek Miniatures) where she bred and raised goregous miniatures in the past. After my shoot is all done, she will begin to advertise more and will be looking for more farms to do shoots at once she astablishes a website where she can show off her work. If any of you remember her website, then you already know how talented she is with a camera with no alterations to make the horse what it's not, like some photograhers do. When I update my website with all new photos, I will be adding her to my links page than so that way she can be recomended for more work in the future. Sorry I cant post a photo shoot fee but I can tell you this, ITS WORTH IT!
default_laugh.png
default_new_multi.gif
default_biggrin.png
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

NEW PHOTO IN MY AVATAR of Zephyr Woods Little Prancer

Back