PET PEEVES

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My biggest pet peeve is a LIAR!

And a close second is irresponsibility.

Really chaps my hide.

default_saludando.gif
O kay, I have to add to the list..

Noisy eaters, butt crack showing pants wearing people. That is just something I would rather not see!
default_smileypuke.gif
Either buy a bigger size to cover it up, or down size so they stay up..Better yet, buy suspenders!!

default_rolleyes.gif

Even though I smoke, I hate to see butts everywhere, people smoking around kids.. I smoke outside 24/7 and have coffee cans on the porch and out behind the barn.. If we go out to eat, I ask for non smoking(Where smoking is still allowed) as that is just nasty when you are eating..

Getting carded for cigs when I am 35yrs..
default_wacko.png

Liars, disrespectful people.. The thing I hate to see the most is a kid mouthing off to a parent. This happened at a dr. appt I had recently. The mom just sat there and took it. I looked at the girl and said"What happened to the days when "CHILDREN respected their parents". Shut her right up, then..

Users-- Family or friends that only call when they need something..

The one that gets me too, is hearing about how broke some one is, but they have more money than China has rice. Come live with me and I'll show you how the broke people live. We don't have different cars for different days of the week, or 2 or three homes, jet skis and 4 wheelers..

People that don't know how to walk, dragging their feet everywhere. I remember only doing it one time when I was little(I still have flash backs on that one) :DOH!

Okay, maybe I should stop.. But i do still have some left
default_poke.gif

Edited to add: OOPS.. Can't forget about bubble gum cracking people. That just goes right threw me like fingers on a chalk board..

Last edited by a moderator:
oh what have i started with this thread? :DOH!

i didnt think there was this many pet peeves out there lol

i agree with all but one the non smokers coming into the smoking section since i smoke

but i try to respect others about it

and i drive a DUALLY but not slow
default_new_rofl.gif

that must be where all my gas money goes

dawn

Yup, turn signals. Just tonight I was following a shiny new truck down the highway, and suddenly he braked and made a left hand turn. I thought to myself, boy it's too bad someone would put out the kind of money it takes to buy that truck, and then not pay the little extra to get turn signals put on it...
default_wink.png

Got another one to add too...grocery store baggers that insist on piling canned goods on top of my nice fresh, carefully chose bruise-free pears...and frozen goods in the same bag with my lettuce...go away, I prefer to bag my own groceries!

Minimor, you need to go gro shopping with me LOL I am a Virgo , so being organized is genetic LOL My cart is all set out carefully, boxed stuff at the top end, cans in the middle, veggies up top LOL ditto when they go on the belt, making sure the heavy stuff is up front so it goes on the bottom Even my cupboards are that way. Just a liiiiittle to anal
default_rolleyes.gif

Yup, turn signals. Just tonight I was following a shiny new truck down the highway, and suddenly he braked and made a left hand turn. I thought to myself, boy it's too bad someone would put out the kind of money it takes to buy that truck, and then not pay the little extra to get turn signals put on it...
default_wink.png

LOL that's to funny
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

Ditto on just about everything said. I hate it when i'm at a check out and the person behind me comes right up next to me to wait their turn, back off a little bit!!!

THIEVES & LIARS especially ones in the family!! People that think they know it all.

Leslie

when I write a purchase sales contract, spell it out for them step by step, they sign the contract understanding everything and then say' I didnt know that, you didnt tell me that' like DO NOT send payments by regular mail, it will take 15-20 days to recieve. when they have my banks branch a mile from their house to do a deposit. DUH- when you sign something and I ask if you understand everything, and you say yes, then by george, do not ask me stupid questions or act like you didnt know it, when I spelled it out for you.

MMMM...getting hit head-on by someone who was on a cell phone (unfortunate but he paid the ultimate price with his life)
default_no.gif
people that DUMP animals cause their to cheap and lazy to take them to a shelter. People that interrupt in a conversation when your not even talking to them. Doctors that THINK they are GOD! A boss that is not open to new ideas cause THEY have always done IT THAT WAY...relatives that never call or stay in touch unless they are traveling thru with 6 kids and need a place to stay....mmmm....nevermind!

People who don't honor their commitments and make promises they don't keep. People who appear to be trustworthy, but aren't. People who act like a friend, but then hurt you unneccessarily. There are things in life that irritate me, but they are mostly just little stuff and of little to no consequence in the long run. The way people can sometimes treat others with a total disregard for their feelings is a biggie to me. And the bad thing is, alot of those folks really don't care how they treat others or how they make others feel. For these sort of people, I guess how they act is just fine with them and to heck with how others are made to feel.
default_sad.png
I don't need these type of people in my life. I may forgive them just to get the load off my back, but I would never trust them again and certainly would never let them get close enough again to be called a "friend". Life is just too short!!!

lvponies I hear you and could not agree more. Plus its all about them and everything that happens to them is terrible [oh, the drama] and they never do anything wrong, you are the one that has to be bad because they are perfect. The thing is they like to play high school games and do not care about anyone but themselves because they are #1. They are the "pot stirrers" and act so friendly and nice in front of other people and treat you like dirt when all you try to do is help them and BE a friend. They don't know how to be a friend they only know how to use people to their advantage and they make me sick!

People who blow their noses at a restaurant or while you are eating anywhere!!
default_smileypuke.gif

People who turn right then make a left turn without a signal and vice versa....

Butt cracks...keep 'em covered because "Crack Kills".....(although the best commercial ever was the one with a lady watching a plumber seal cracks under her sink and he asks her "Do you have any more cracks you want filled?" and you can see her contemplating his butt!)
default_new_shocked.gif

An ex-best friend who I have known all my life until I moved... we grew up together, I was in her wedding as her maid of honor, we rode together, I helped her take care of her horses...when it came time for my wedding, she was about 6 months pregnant so I got a dress that would look good on her and everyone else and it was affordable (not like hers!)... she never got fitted and never told me that she wasn't going to be in my wedding - she had to run a book sale booth at her church fair - wouldn't even find coverage for an hour....

Denise

Silversong Farm

Oh boy, a bunch of you have the same as a few of mine....

Liars (this includes cheats and other things that could fall into that category)

The ill mannered noisy children jumping around in a restaurant and hanging over the back of your seat or basicly disrupting your meal.

Waiting in line (if there is more than three people ahead of me, I'm outta there)

Having to repeat myself

Oh, and drunks (behind the wheel or not and this also includes any bad drivers including the 'cell phone drivers')

People who do not respect other people's property of any kind

People who make appointments or have plans to see you, meet you, or whatever, that dont show up, dont call, etc....

Ok, I'll shut up now... These are some basic ones.. guess I am expecting a lot of people.....

People who don't pick up there feet when they walk--is it that hard??

and also peoople who go 30 in an 80 zone.....

Mine would be someone trying to talk to me when im really into something, such as a movie, as song on the radio ..or something in the computer. I cannot go anywhere in the car with my mother because she never stops talking, all i want to do is listen to the radio and drive, why must i hear about all the pretty houses and how perfect some tree's are?? Why?

There are others but i wont go into detail lol.

That really is my biggest pet peeve, i can deal with it, but its not pretty
default_yes.gif

People who call you on the phone and just 'assume' you know who they are! Not everybody has caller ID and I'm always amazed at people who just start talking assuming you know who they are (by voice, I guess??) or just give you a first name only.
default_wacko.png

I had one today who left a message on my answering machine. "Hi, Becky, this is Debbie. I'll call you later." Debbie who???? I know several and I'm not sure on the voice. :DOH!

I am surprised no one has mentioned this yet...Checkout Tailgating!!! Like if I am in line at a checkout in a store I hate when the person behind me feels it necessary to be right up my back end with their cart or themselves. Erggggg I will move up a bit to make some space and they see that inch of daylight and close the gap because they are in such a hurry they think the line is moving LOL I have to admit I will get so annoyed at times that I will purposly backup and bump into the person and then say "oops didn't realize you were standing SO CLOSE!!" hoping they will take the hint and back off a bit. My husband always gets laughing when he sees someone "tailgating" me because he knows how much it annoys me.
default_rolleyes.gif
I just want to turn around and scream "take a pill the line will not go faster because you are up my butt!!!!" LOL
default_biggrin.png

I agree I hate ANY kind of tailgaiting. No one needs to see my butt that bad. Last night [and I have to admit this was soooo good] I was on a very dark one lane road out of state and minding the speed limit [45] and gave the guy behind me plenty of chances to pass where you could but he insisted on staying on my tail. Well all of a sudden he goes flying, and I mean flying past me at the solid line and out of literally nowhere blue lights start flashing and he got nailed! Courtney and I laughed all the way home. It was great.

I know what you mean about checkouts, I absolutely hate anyone getting in my space. I don't let my kids or horses do it to me I'm not going to let anyone else either.

Mothers will hate me... but...

I dislike a screaming child in restaurants when I am trying to eat.. Also young kids jumping around and being loud in the seat next to me..

Don't get me wrong.. I love kids.. just dislike the way they act in public at times.. If I hear a kid screaming in a store, I am out of there or shopping in opposite direction!
I'm with you Mary Lou on the screaming kid thing! That drives me insane!!!!
default_wacko.png

I also hate it when someone says they will call and they don't!

Latest posts

Back