people living in San Antonio vs. Missouri??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This place is right down the street from us, a very nice small horse farm, they have 6 big horses, so you could have more smaller ones, but there are a lot of places for sale in our area.

http://www.usamls.net/kerrville/default.as...ery_id=49012888

Here is another place farther west

http://www.crockerrealestate.com/listings/51605/default.html

My house is 4000 sq ft, with a inground pool, & huge 12x20 koi pond with waterfall & two spitters, plus my husbands big shop, all electric & the most my elect bill has been is $275 in a very cold winter. Mostly it is in the $18o. When I had the farm, it was a 20 acres, with a 2700 sq foot 4 bed/3.5 bath with a pool, 3 car garage, workshop & 4 very large barns & my electric was only about $180a month too. In our area you can claim ag exempt if you either buy land already exempt or you have to wait 5 years after you start raising. Then you get to pay exempt prop tax on all the land but the one acre surrounding the house. Our 19 acres with the big barns ran $400 a year, the house was $3000 because it was valued so high. It is very hot & humid in our summers, but mild winters although it was icy cold today. I have all sorts of tropicals that I brought from hawaii, a palm tree from a coconut, lots of plumerias, all of which are now huge, they thrive in our summers, but my husband ( cussing all the way) has to wheel their containers inside our big sunroom for winter because they would freeze. The hill country gets a bit colder than other areas closer to San Antonio. I love the hot summers, but not everyone does, but I have noticed that our summers seem hotter & longer & our winters shorter & warmer, & either it is my old age, or the weather patterns are changing everywhere. You can look through real estate in any area by going thru real estate sights in those areas.

Good luck & can answer any other questions you may have.

Latest posts

Back