Paypal account notice

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
I received this email.

Hello,

"We recently noticed more attempts to log in to your PayPaI account from a foreign lP address.

If you accessed your account while traveling, the unusual log in attempts may have been initiated by you.

However, if you are the rightful holder of the account, please visit PaypaI as soon as possible to verify

your identity:"

For one it says, PayPaI,,,,,,,,it is not my paypal, right???

It asks me to log in, I did not.

Have you ever received one of these?

I would never use a link sent to me that required me to use any of my passwords. No reputable site would ask you to, so yes, I would assume that is a scam.

Good thing you caught it.

...Anything from Paypal will address you by name, if they don't it's a scam..

...Anything from Paypal will address you by name, if they don't it's a scam..
And, they also state not to use links in an e-mail, but to type the address in the location bar and go to paypal (or use a saved address).

At the bottom of the screen the address will come up where the link will go. Put your cursor over the link--without clicking-- and check the address at the bottom. If it doesn't say paypal, (or whatever the link is) then it isn't legitimate. Also, the http: should say https: in the top address bar--for secure.

Scams can be sneaky. I've had them from ebay with my ebay id name,--not my real name-- which can make you think it is legitimate.

Definitely a scam—I know this partly because I have received the same message different times….and I don’t have a paypal account. I know it can’t be real!

yep, scam. I just NEVER go to any site from such an email.

This week I've gotten similar "strange activity to your account -- identify, etc" from the Bank of America. Geeesh, I hope they are making a payment on my mortgage!!!!
default_laugh.png
That's the only banking account I have with them.

Yesterday I got FOUR notices......all alike except from different email addys....subtle but obvious when they are all lined up next to one another
default_wink.png
These guys were good, even used the bank logo and all that. I sent them to the bank abuse center.

Whenever I get anything like that I log on to the legitimate site (from my "favorites") and check to see if I have any mail or notices. I have yet to find any of those legit. I used to quickly send them in to the fraud dept., but I rarely do anymore. I also used to think that they might follow up and bust whoever sent it, but now think that it may be impossible to catch them.
default_unsure.png

NOBODY, not your bank, your credit card companies, your paypal or any one in a financial or private industry is going to email OR call to ask you to verify your information!!!! They already have it- they would not have need to ask you for this!! ANY of these emails are scams and I cant tell you how many accounts we get with fraud because people respond to these things and give them all the info- and they find their accounts compromised and emptied!!!

Latest posts

Back