Pattern for Obstacle Driving - Yth. - Over

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R3

Reaction score
I was just watching the Youth Obstacle driving, Over, (on the webcast) and noticed that the competitors pivoted on both the Right and Left wheels. Does anyone know if the pattern specified which wheel, or if the drivers could choose?

Also, did it specify the 'exit' cones? I ask because one horse did not exit on the same side of the cone (I could only see one cone on the video) that all the other competitors did. I thought watching the class that they had a great run, but was afraid they had DQ'd because of the 'exit' cone, but then they were announced as Champion...?

Bump.

I'm a huge 'obstacle' fan, both in-hand and driven, and like to design courses, so was hoping someone would know the pattern that they were doing, and could answer my questions.

(The 'pivot' I was referring to was the one that they did with the cart wheel in/on the circle.)

Thanks!

I was just watching the Youth Obstacle driving, Over, (on the webcast) and noticed that the competitors pivoted on both the Right and Left wheels. Does anyone know if the pattern specified which wheel, or if the drivers could choose?

Also, did it specify the 'exit' cones? I ask because one horse did not exit on the same side of the cone (I could only see one cone on the video) that all the other competitors did. I thought watching the class that they had a great run, but was afraid they had DQ'd because of the 'exit' cone, but then they were announced as Champion...?

I did not see it and I am not there to be able to answer. But I would like to know the answers! If that exibitor did not go through the exit cones (there should always be 2) it should have been DQ'ed and other exibitors could protest the placing.

- BUMP -

Since many of the competitors are back now, I thought I'd bump this back up to see if anyone knew the course instructions...

Back