Patching a Rubbermaid Tank????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLC Stables

Reaction score
So the stock tank heater somehow burned a hole in the Rubbermaid stock tank. Does anyone have any smart ideas on how to patch these?????

Had you thought of using a patch made out of a similar material and a waterproof "caulk" you know the stuff you seal round windows with and baths??

We patched one years ago

where the crack is make a little grove along the crack on both sides enough to hold the apoxy (sp) sand it and make sure its free of any dust from sanding then apply apoxy on both sides

Ours has been good and going strong for at least 8 years with no problem

I haven't dealt with a melted spot but for cracks I've used silicone sealant like you use in the bathroom and it has worked well.

I'd use automotive fiberglass epoxy. Depending on the size of the hole, you might need some fiberglass cloth and patch over that. I wouldn't put the fiberglass on the inside, only the outside, but put the epoxy on both sides. Good luck! Those darn things are expensive. I had one melt to the ground.

I have had this happen to me several times. I get JB Weld at walmart. It is an epoxy putty that comes in a 4 inch round stick, white outside, blue inside. Just kneed it with your hands until it mixes together and put half on one side of the hole and half on the other (i use a whole stick each time), spread it out and let it harden for several hours. Works great for me, seals it up, doesn't look pretty but it works! Good luck.

Will it not crack if the tank expands in hot weather- or even just expands, being slightly flexible?

Latest posts

Back