pastern

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

precious01

Reaction score
Hi

I have a friend that just rescued a 6 month old miniature it has very long toes in the back and it seems to be clicking is there a cure for this as she gets older or what. she is a sweet little palimeno

I have the same problem with my little filly. Get her feet trimmed and she will probably grow out of it. My girl's feet have been kept trimmed and she still clicked. She seems to be growing out of a little. Does your friends mini seem like she has pain? If so I would get the vet to look at her. It probably would be a good idea any way. If she has not been fed properly that also could have something to do with it. Hopefull both of our babies will grow out of it. Good Luck!

Well if the toes are long, that can cause all sorts of problems.

Get a good farrier out to see her, quick! Sometimes the foals/weanlings need their feet done every 3-4 weeks to make sure they grow properly!

Andrea

Well if the toes are long, that can cause all sorts of problems.

Get a good farrier out to see her, quick! Sometimes the foals/weanlings need their feet done every 3-4 weeks to make sure they grow properly!

Andrea

I agree with Andrea. The foal is young enough that with quality farrier care it should be fine. It may take several trims though.

Latest posts

Back