Packing for Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdmomjb

Reaction score
Well I am not going to be packing for nationals at the last minute this year. :no: :no: I promised my self to be ready to go on the 4th with everything but the horses ready to go. Sooooooo I started cleaning out and repacking today so far I have

1 sulky

2 wagons

2 sets pairs harness

2 sets single harness

4 blankets horse(if it gets cold)

4 hoods and slinkys

4 feed buckets

2 fans

2 water buckets

grooming tools water hoses ect

blower

clippers

hay 3 bales

grain 100 lbs

stall fork ( I always get off with out now have 4 or 5 here never one at the show)

muck bucket

stall drapes

3 chairs

1 table

1 mule (for transportation while at the show) gas powered

2 scooters electric

1 queen bed I'm going to stay with the horses.

towels blankets ect for 13 day stay

on and on and on

The big question is can I get it all in the traler and truck?

and

What could I have forgotten?

Jan

Dont want to sound obvious, but dont forget the show halters-chin chains-show leads and all the grooming supplies and your show outfits.

Cooler full of ice tea, gatorade, water and pop is a must have! :bgrin

Goodluck at Nationals :aktion033: :aktion033:

default_smile.png

Show halters are in the house getting that final cleaning. I'll pick up the pop ect there no use hauling that a few hundred miles when you can get it there.

Davie is bringing a real ref so there will be room for lots of drinks and quick meals.

We will try to do a little cooking after the youth clases end and things slow down. with 5 kids showing it will be rough the first 2 days.

Two years ago we finished the youth and I just sat down and rested the remainder of the day thinking I didn't have a class untill Sunday morning. Late that night someone asked where I had been during amy hunter. uh oh. :eek: :new_shocked:
default_sad.png

Jan

Rabbit, I dont think the horses will stay in the trailer for the next 15 days or I would try that.

However I have learned to keep them up the night before we leave.

My show horses are allowed to be horses and are turned out all night as I always try to get to a show in time to give them a bath. But as sure as you hook to the trailer I have one old girl who says oh no and runs to the far side of the field and stays at least 100 yards ahead of you for hours.

I once spent 2 hours following her arround untill she got tired of the game and gave up I could have cried :ugh:

Its morning and I'm back at shoehorning all the supplies in the tack room I need a tour bus.

Jan

Thank heavens Bev M let me borrow her 16' flat bed this year. Will have the golf car, the 10 cubic ft fridge behind it so I can strap it to the golf car, and three carts. May pack some other stuff on it also like hay and maybe shavings.

Son, James will come down Labor Day weekend and haul it up to Claremore and put in his back yard until Wednesday when I bring the horses up. He'll bring it over along with making a second trip to bring over the popup trailer for the RV slot.

Even though I'll have 7 horses showing--stallion is with the trainer, friend's B gelding is also with the trainer but is being show by my granddaughters, 2 are coming with Jan Tobey (again youth entries) I will only have 3 coming from the farm and giving a ride to a yearling filly that has been sold to Oregon.

I did manage to go through the garage and start setting thing in groups--8 buckets for feed and water (one set for the filly), three carts, 3 sets of single harness, 4 fans for horses, 2 fans for people, 4 ft table, 26" table, 4 chairs.

Need to go through the electrical tote, the grooming box, halter bag, the stall curtain suitcase, the horse cloths box.......HUMM, guess I better make a list of all the stuff that needs to be in each one and see what needs to be washed and replaced.

Not to mention the cloths for me and the granddaughters--including helmets--GEEZE

OH, must not forget the stuff for the trailer--sheets, pillows, electric grill.

TV--MUST NOT FORGET THE TV--like I did last year :new_shocked: :new_shocked: and remote

Last edited by a moderator:
YOU FORGOT ME AND MY CREW!!!!!!! I haven't even began to think about packing!!!! Is it really only 15 days?????? Guess I better get busy. Lets see: Cart and harness

feed and hay

buckets

clippers

grooming stuff

MY STUFF ( I always forget it) I will never be ready!!!

I guess i will take what i can think of and hope for the best SEND me a list!!!! OOOHHHHHH I have never been working before Nationals and now I don't have time to think!!!!!! :eek: :lol:

Maybe by sept 4 Iwill be ready......... When we pull out!!!

Good luck everyone!!! And to think we call this chaos FUN!!!!????!?!?!

See every one in a few weeks!!!!!!

Shelley<><

Shelley, I havent forgotten you or yours. I have a big pile of stuff that I'm pretty sure is not mine and may be yours. Who knows it all gets so confused. I guess you'll have to find the time to check it out and see if its anything you need for this run.

I'm tossing out any and everything I dont think we'll need in the interest of space.

See you later

A broom!

Extension cord(s)

Staple Gun and "Silver" Tape

Salt blocks

(I'm sure the "on and on" part of you list included some of that.)

MA

Latest posts

Back