overo pattern

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nancy, I am a BIG fan of Vermilyea Farms Analyze This! He is a beautiful stallion! With his pretty blue eyes and face white, I would say he is splash. I don't know about sabino as overo patterns are my downfall when it comes to color/pattern genetics. I would assume he has sabino as well though since his filly is a max expession sabino. Looks like he's good as passing along the splash gene though! Looks like all but one have it. Can a foal be completely white with splash and sabino? Once again, the overo patterns are my downfall! (I know splash is technically not overo ;)

For those that know more about overo patterns:

Can you post an example of what just splash and sabino look like together?? I've seen many examples of splash + tobiano, frame + tobiano, sabino + frame, but I don't know what a splash + sabino looks like!

Nancy, I am a BIG fan of Vermilyea Farms Analyze This! He is a beautiful stallion! With his pretty blue eyes and face white, I would say he is splash. I don't know about sabino as overo patterns are my downfall when it comes to color/pattern genetics. I would assume he has sabino as well though since his filly is a max expession sabino. Looks like he's good as passing along the splash gene though! Looks like all but one have it. Can a foal be completely white with splash and sabino? Once again, the overo patterns are my downfall! (I know splash is technically not overo ;) For those that know more about overo patterns:

Can you post an example of what just splash and sabino look like together?? I've seen many examples of splash + tobiano, frame + tobiano, sabino + frame, but I don't know what a splash + sabino looks like!
I don't have any pictures I can show, but have seen some. The white tends to come from the bottom up, just as Splash does, but Sabino adds jagged edges and roaning. I have seen some pictures of Splash/Sabino that tend to mimick Frame/Sabino.

This is the pattern I would like to produce
overo.jpg
\

I know this horse. He lives here in Fallon and is LWO+

On solid and paint mares his color production is about 65%

Dont know if this information helps...

Latest posts

Back