Outdoor Fall decorations done! Great weekend

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
I think you can tell I'm doing a little bit better lately. I'm trying. Thank you all for your support.

I got the outside Fall/Halloween decorations up!!! Feeling good about it. Not as elaborate as we used to do, but it's something, better than doing nothing.

Starting in the back yard at the entrance I just wanted to add a little bit of fall colors back there. Nothing huge or wonderful, just a little bit. There's little pumpkins in front of the wagon wheels but they are so small and puny that you can't see them too good. Oh well I tried.

Fallbackyard2.jpg

Still trying to hide that disgusting gas tank. I grew very good weeds there this summer.

Falloutside1.jpg

And here's the front

Falloutside3.jpg

Then I was visited by Lindsey, AKA Charmed Minis on Saturday as she treked her way camping through Tennessee. Dan and I picked her up at the State Park near my house and brought her over to meet the Prancers. We spend a lot of time yakking in the barn. Then I gave her the grand tour of the mountain including the backroads where the moonshine stills are, but don't tell anyone we went there. It was fun. Being the outdoorsey gal and nature lover that Lindsay is, she appreciated the beauty of the mountain. Then we went riding around on my little Rover around the neighborhood and ran into some of the locals and she was amazed to see how friendly and nice everyone is around her.

CharmedMinis.jpg

Then the tree arrived! Jody from Stonehaven gave us a very special little tree from her Christmas Tree Farm. Thank you a million Jody. Sheryl brought it back with her from Ohio and we had it picked up on Saturday and brought home. This is Michael's tree. Since Michael and I were the holiday nut cases around here I wanted a special tree that was going to be just his that I could plant for him. I wanted to plant some kind of Christmas garden for him. This is a caanan fir ( not sure I spelled that correctly) but you cannot believe the frangrance. You will not believe how we are fussing over this tree. I'm obcessed with it. I spent a week trying to figure out just where to plant it. Everywhere I wanted it, there was something wrong; either the power lines were in the way, gas pipes under the ground, water lines, rocky ground, too far from electricity and water, you name it. I ended up digging 2 holes in the yard then Jerry came home and told me to quit digging up the yard because I nearly hit the gas pipe to the house. . So he had some ideas and dug 2 more holes. I didn't like his ideas. Then the shovel broke. Couldn't decide where to plant it. Next thing I know here comes my neighbor that I adore, Mrs. Johnson with orders that I am not to plant the little tree without her. She's an expert Christmas tree planting lady and said lovingly that she doesn't trust me to plant it correctly and questioned my ability to grow weeds. Says I have a bad track record for gardening so she insists she get involved with this tree. Everything she plants grows! So she will be coming over tomorrow (with a shovel) and her daughter, and her brother and his brother and together we will decide where to plant this special little tree. You will see this tree lit up for Christmas, I promise you that.

LittleTree.jpg

Then Dan got to work spreading gravel around the back side of the barn where I park my trailer. We've been making gravel roads all around the barn so eventually you can walk or drive anywhere easily. Since we did extensive ditching before barn construction, we don't flood or get water but we do get some mud on the far side. This will make it even easier in the winter. These are the large 2" size gravel. Hard to spread.

DantractorA.jpg

Afterwards, Dan and I worked on putting up the manure pile. That was such joy. It was getting nasty and spreading out too much. It gets picked up by the neighbors about 4 times a year and it's due to get hauled off this week.

DanMomTractor2.jpg

The best part of the weekend for Dan was that his best friend Josh that had moved to Georgia came to spend the weekend. Those two missed eachother something pitiful and it was great to see them together again having fun. Then more of his friends came over and they all headed straight for their special place, The Garage.........I felt his presence in there everywhere.........

GANGINGARAGE.jpg

Thanks for letting me share.

Everything looks wonderful, Marty!!! :aktion033: I can't wait to see the Christmas tree all planted and lit up in all its glory.
default_yes.gif
: It was so nice to see the garage open again.
default_wub.png
:

Linda

Roxy's Run Miniatures/Renditions

Oh Marty, you did an AWESOME job decorating!! Everything looks so great!

and I love your Rover, I want one something fierce!

It's so good to hear that you have having some good days now. Michael is surely so very proud of you.
default_wub.png
:

and Dan is such a terrific son to help you out so well.
default_wub.png
:

Well Marty thats it!!!!! I havent even gotten the house stuff done and here you are with a beautiful job done outside. We participated in our very first horse show ever this weekend so nothing else got done but this week I have to get something done as I said before you have shamed me into it. Great JOB!!!!!!

There ya go Marty. I'm proud of you. It all looks wonderful. I'm glad Linz got there safe and that you two had a good visit! She had been here the day before. I hope some of the hug I gave her rubbed off on you, because I send you one.

Marty,

You are doing a great job. I wish I was motivated to decorate. I just love the Christmas trees that smell. You will be able to enjoy that for years and when it is large you will even be able to taking cuttings into the house to bring the smell inside at Christmas.

The picture taken in the garage. How did you get Michael's picture in the door way? That makes him look so much a part of what is going on in the garage.

GANGINGARAGE.jpg

Marty, It looks GREAT :aktion033: :bgrin
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
: and I LOVE
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: that fall flag. It matches my picture in the family room! Everything looks so good by you and I am so happy to hear that Dan's friends are coming around. :aktion033: (((hugs))) there gal! Corinne

I am so happy for you and proud of you Marty, i can tell your spirts have been up lately! :aktion033:

I cant wait to see that tree all lit up and fluffy this christmas. All the decor looks nice, wish my family went all out for the holidays like that ...i'd be happy if they did half as much as what you have done already.

:aktion033: Good Job Marty! :aktion033: Love the decorations.

Hate to ask this foolish question, but just gotta know.....who makes the Rover??? Looks like exactly what I need around here. I seriously might need one of them.

[SIZE=14pt]Marty its so great to have you back!!!! your decorations are inspiring me to get on the stick! I want a wheel barrow like that at my front entrance!! Im gonna get to work on that this week.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Ok you guys get on the stick and let me see your fall decorations now. If I can do it, you can too.

Lyn I pulled the wheelbarrow out of the dump a few years ago just to decorate it for occasions like this. It's all rusty and has holes in it but that makes it good for drainage. This summer I had it filled with flowers in the back yard. I'm getting to be a regular garbage picker. Runs in the family I guess.

The flag was compliments of Barb Kaspari (bcody on the forum). I"ve had it put away for a couple of years and this is the first time I am using it. It's so pretty.

Jerry found the Rover for sale on the side of the road a few months ago and we got it so cheap it's pitiful. And if you have a bad back like I do, you need this. I use it every day. I drive it in center of the barn and go stall to stall and clean them with it so easily. I can run it up and down the hills to check on the horses and fence lines with no problems. Chrissy chases it all the time! Chrissy's my little red haired horsey and she thinks she's a bull. It's chain driven which is great, runs on gas and it is so easy to drive. It does not get stuck in the worst mud either. This way I do not need to depend on anyone to unload my hay, or dump my manure for me, haul my shavings to the barn, nothing. I wanted to be completely independant and not have to wait for someone to come home all the time to help me do my chores. There is a hydrolic lift attachment that I can get for it from Tractor Supply but I don't need it. It lifts up easily for me to dump manually. It's the best bang for the buck out there.

Just for fun, Jerry got me this little thing from Auto Zone that plays music and has a loud speaker in it. It plays 150 tunes. I go down the road with it every day and everyone knows I'm coming before they see me.

http://www.yerf-dog.com/products/34800.html

I'm putting some battery operated pumpkin lights on it and just wait till you see it at Christmas.

Marty, your farm is beautiful!!!! So nicely landscaped and decorated, its an inspiration!!

Back