Out driving my little mare,

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chamomile

Reaction score
I thought I would share pictures of a training session and all the helpers that I have! It can get pretty exciting driving around our place
default_wacko.png
:

Here we are starting out

drivingcammy1.jpg

Here are two of my helpers, my boys Ben (6) and Logan (4) Logan is riding his bike and Ben was walking along with me

logan.jpg

Ben.jpg

And here is another of my helpers, Lilly, she is a pound puppy. We got her when she was 12 weeks old, she and my oldest son are the same age
default_smile.png

lilly.jpg

Ooooh the big scary garbage cans!! and the mailbox, you just never know when these things will leap off the side of the road and run you down!!!

thehorrificgarbagecans.jpg
thescarymailboxes.jpg

The neighbors have this silly old boy. He always comes up to the fence and then snorts, blows and takes off across the pasture. I think that's so good for my guys. They learn to have great manners!!

theneighborhorse.jpg

Then on to the dogs! Boy everyone in our neighborhood has at least one dog...

The saint bernard and the schipperkees (sp?) Debs!! Aren't the cute!?

thebarkingdogs.jpg

That saint bernard, she can be a nasty thing, but the little schips are very sweet. They will bark up a storm though and when we come along here, you can't hear anything but barking dogs...

Then we come to the Golden. He is such a handsome boy. And very polite.

gorgeousboy.jpg

Then onto the mini schnauzers. There are two of them, brothers, but I could only get a picture of one because the other one was sooooo busy racing the fence line barking, barking, barking!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

littledog.jpg

And here's a picture just heading down the road!

drivingcammy.jpg

Now on the way back home... our neighbors, right beside us, have tons of llamas. Llamas always make training very exciting. As I'm sure you all know there is nothing like going along, minding your own business, only to have a whole herd of llamas charge the fence to see what's up! That'll wake you up!!

The Girls

thegirls.jpg

The Boys

theboys.jpg

Well that's a typical training day around here! I'll tell you what, the horses that leave here are ready for just about anything!
default_wink.png
: Parades are a cinch after our farm!!

Wow, I think I need to send my CDE horse your way for despooking! :new_shocked: :aktion033: Somehow I now believe your horses have been just about bombproofed by the time they are done.

Leia

Yes they are very despooked when I'm done. So far the horses I have trained, mine and others, haven't had any trouble driving in parades, at show grounds, or on back roads. NOTHING can surprise them after being here. Oh I also have 4 more dogs, my Mom has 1, and my grandparents have 3!! So we are very used to dogs leaping about and barking.
default_rolleyes.gif
: I am working on my arena at this time, so we are having to go out and about a little more in the beginning. But I think it will work well for Cammy.
default_yes.gif
:

hahahaha wow that is exciting no joke. Keeps it interesting though and you awake!!Thanks for the story

Lucky you to have such a great place to drive in! I only have 1 large flat paddock to go round & round, the road we live on is a long straight that the locals use as a drag strip
default_sad.png

I loved walking along with you Mindy! What an interesting time. I like the schipps (w/ tails too!). I just love the travois! I may have to consider something like that for Halley. She's 3 this year and all of 34" and built like a gorgeous fresian, she needs a job. Have you ever put anything "on" the travois to haul?

I haven't really hauled anything, but I do sometimes tie cans and plastic bags to it to make noise and desensitize. On the main forum there is another picture of the travois and tiny acres posted on there. She listed her website and showed the travois that they designed. It has a 2x4 on the back and I think it would maybe haul something a little better than mine does. For hauling I have my carts LOL.

How fun! Great shots!!! Love the llamallamallamas.

Latest posts

Back