Our stallion is back home safe from the hospital!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaxjag2000

Reaction score
*PHEW* After a week of intense medical care, our stallion has come back home safely. Thank goodness! That is always very scary!!! Thanks to all the great vets at the UF hospital!

I haven't been on much lately so I missed this story, but congratulations. You must be so relieved to have him home!

I seem to have missed the details too, but am so glad he is back home safely. That is the main thing.

default_smile.png
Hello,

I haven't read the story, but I am glad he is okay.

No, I never posted the details. I was really worried he wouldn't make it home and if so, I didn't want to make anyone else sad. He was just acting funny at first. He had no gut sounds, his gums were bright pink and he had not pooped all day, but he was eating and very alert. We called our vet and she took a look at him and told us to go to the UF hospital. While at UF, he had not pooped, stopped eating, but was very alert. After 2 days of giving some fluids, they finally got him to poop and eat, but the vet said something didn't feel right so they kept him another night. Then the fever broke out the very next day! (Smart vet!) He became extremely sick and stopped pooping again, no gut sounds, etc. They were scared he was impacted, in addition to the fever, and they may have to operate. They gave him antibiotics and everything cleared up in a few days. They weren't really sure what was wrong with him. So after a scary week at UF he came back home to us. :aktion033: I'm so glad the vets at UF are so talented and knew not to send him home early! Now he's back to his old self and doing fine.

So happy that you have a "happy ending" Give him a hug from us
default_yes.gif
:

So glad to hear a "Happy Ending" that had to be scary. Most importantly ~~hes home and feeling his old self again. :aktion033: Corinne

Latest posts

Back