Our shetland foal crop for 2009 is here

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairicane

Reaction score
This was our 1st year of having shetland foals. We had a total of 3 lovely shetland foals. The first was a bay turning grey fancy colt that I posted on here earlier this year. Our last 2 foals arrived less than 24 hours apart and we got 2 very lovely fillies. I had posted both mini and shetland new foals on the main forum but thought I would list the shetland girls here since they are ponies! The # are the total # of live mini and shetland foals we have had this year.

#11 A very anticipated shetland filly born 6/19/09. The dam, Raven, is a daughter of Raven of Birdhaven and I bought her in foal to SMHCs Excelsiors Stylish Mover who is a Congress top 3 winner and also homozygous for tobiano pinto. I am thrilled with this stylish girl that appears to be homozygous for tobiano. Just look at those legs! She is pictured at 1 day old.

ravenfillymomrtwalkgood1d609-1.jpg

ravenkissfillyleft1dGOOD609.jpg

#12 Another shetland born 6/20/09 Caterra, a small black pinto granddaughter of Georgetowns Tom Cat HOF had a tiny little black and white pinto filly sired by our own Pans Cody Earl Grey HOF. This filly is more like a mini sized baby and what a head she has. Her muzzle is so tiny. Two beautiful black pinto fillies in 2 days, life is good!

She is only a couple hours old in these photos and will only get better.

catfillyrtwalkgoodnew62009.jpg

catfillyrtsidewalkgoodnew62009.jpg

Just beautiful!!! I know the first year we had shetland foals we were just amazed at the differences between mini foals

Congrats!

Kay

Thanks! The legs on these foals, wow. The Raven filly is taller at birth than several of my adult minis
default_new_shocked.gif
Of course they are so much better proportioned and horse like. Its very interesting thats for sure.

Latest posts

Back