Our second baby has arrived! *3day old Pics*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BM Miniatures

Reaction score
Our Second foal of the season arrived by Scott Creek Monarch Cadence(IMP USA) out of our mare Magnolia at 1.20am tuesday morning after a horrendous foaling. Labor started at 12.30 and the foal was out by 1.20am, We got to the point were it was becoming a rush to save the mare and thought for sure the foal would not pull though but amazingly moved when we eventually got her out!

To all those who have mares due, PLEASE ALARM YOUR MARES! Its a small price to pay to make sure both your mare and foal survive the whole ordeal. If I had not alarmed Magnolia we would have woken up to a terrible and devastating sight.

But anyway, Here are a few pic's of our newest wee girl at just over 24hours old This is Magnolia's 4th Black Filly in a row. She is our smallest(29") and second oldest mare on the farm.

PB240001.jpg

PB240017.jpg

PB240018.jpg

She is doing well, 3 days old already!

PB260113.jpg

PB260073-1.jpg

PB260049.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh what a precious girl! Congrats!

What kind of bad foaling was it and what did you do to pull her through? It's always good learning to share!

I'm always telling people to PLEASE get some sort of alarm and to be THERE when their mares foal! It IS a matter of life & death!

Congrats on your little beauty!
default_wub.png

Congrats, she is beautiful. Well done for your hard work and a big hug for mum.
aktion033.gif

I've only had 7 foalings here but I've always been there for each one and I definitely saved my mare and foal's life this year by finding and correcting a deflected front foot. I drive everyone and myself crazy during foal time but it only takes one dystocia like that to let you know the hard work is 100% worth it. I always catch up on sleep when it is over. If you could share your experience I think it helps everyone to understand what it takes to fix some of these issues, (with me it took long hands and arms and several tries to find that foot and a lot of praying).

She's wonderful. Congratulations on your success. It is so important to be there. Things happen so fast and being ready to help at the start of labour is your best chance.

She had a nose and 1 foot present, tried to go in and find the other leg, she managed to get the head out really fast and was pushing HARD and could not stop the foal coming, she then started rolling and thrashing, the other leg was pointing backwards and its shoulder was pushed into her pelvis. We could NOT get hold of our vet which made the whole thing 10X worse, I ended up phoning a friend down the road who is a sheep farmer and he could not get to the other leg either. My mom then drove to our vets and banged on his door, his bedroom phone had broke and was going to get it sorted the following day. Took him a good 15-20mins to get the other leg forward as the foal was so jammed up, he said it was a very tricky position and we were very lucky. It was the most horrid thing I have ever experienced and have always had smooth sailing foaling the past 3 years.

Its 2.18am and we have just Delivered another healthy chestnut Pinto FILLY! out of our maiden mare by cadence too :D So that's 3 for 3 fillys!! SHE IS STUNNING.....Will make her a new thread!

Congrats on your gorgeous filly and great job getting her out in time!!!! She is gorgeous and so is your mare!!!

What a harrowing experience! And every minute feels like an HOUR doesn't it?

Congratulations on that beautiful new filly! She and her mom are both gorgeous.

Charlotte

Yes, she is beautiful! You were very lucky. I am always present at the birth of foals, even if sleeping near them is required. This last year my maiden mare foaled an easy delivery - whew, while others had to be pulled. You just never know........I don't always trust the alerts either as some times they malfunction.

Congrats on her, black is good!

Congratulations on a gorgeous filly and thanks for sharing the frightening story of her birth. So glad it had a happy ending.

Many congratulations on your beautiful filly - she certinly is a 'miracle' girl.
default_yes.gif

Anna

Glad both mom and baby are doing so well - I can't imagine the panic that must have set in- but you did a great job - congrats on being there for both. Foaling season is exciting but also scary at the same time. Even being there everything doesn't always go as planned. Thanks for sharing your story - what a pretty foal!

OMG and what a little beauty she is!! What a scary horrible experience! Your vet needs to keep a spare phone, LOL

I am SO glad that she made it, though I am not sure how!! Congrats on your beautiful babies and especially that this one, and the mare, pulled through.

And P.S., Would never be without my alarm and camera!

Congratulations.... She's beautiful and I'm glad to hear that mare/filly are both doing well.

Thank you for sharing your concerns....

Latest posts

Back