Our Final foal for the season

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BM Miniatures

Reaction score
After a terrible foaling season We had our final foal born on the 4th December by Scott Creek Monarch Cadence out of my first ever show mini Stealer (Steal My Heart)

We had 5 foals due this season, and 4 of the 5 have been bad dystocia and we sadly lost one of them - In the 6 years of breeding we only ever had 1 problem which was a front leg back last season. This year it seems to have thrown it all at us!!

I was hoping and praying our last was going to go smoothly, but it was far from it. We managed to get the foal out but not without doing damage to the foal. She was X - rayed and she has a fracture just below her stifle and the growth plates in her stifle have been pulled apart. Vet thinks she will make a full recovery but it will take time.

We have named her BM Cadence's Stealing Faith

First link is a vid of her at a day old - She is on 24/7 box rest and she has improved hugely, hopefully in another 2 weeks time she can start going out in a small paddock for short periods at a time.

And a few photo's of the little trooper.

PC180008.jpg

PC180010.jpg

PC180022.jpg

PC180014.jpg

What a pretty silver bay filly! Congrats!! I hope she makes a quick and full recovery! Bless her.

I hope your next season goes MUCH smoother!

Wow, look at that neck
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
congratulations.

A couple of years ago we had "the year from heck" and the vet said "it's just your turn".

Look at all the experience you gained
default_laugh.png

It looks like she doesn't agree with resting
biggrin.gif
she is a real live wire and a stunning one too. Good luck , I hope she makes a fast recovery.

She is lovely! What a neck on her
default_wub.png

I hope your next season is MUCH smoother.

Such a pretty little girl!
default_wub.png
Looks like she is doing pretty good so far...Hope she makes a complete recovery for you!
default_yes.gif

Congrats on your beuatiful filly!
default_aktion033.gif
Here's hoping she continues to make forward progress. She sure has that look at me look.

Very pretty girl. Her neck and build remind me alot of Max's (without the pinto markings of course). The georgous colt born at Target's place(on target miniatures here on the forum). Sadly he passed before his time, he was a beautiful boy. Enjoy your four legged little bundle of joy!

So sorry to hear of your terrible year! Sure hope this filly makes a full recovery- she is awesome. And like everyone else said - WHAT A NECK! Seems she just naturally shows it off. Hope your next year is much better with no foaling issues! Keep us posted on how your little one does and hopefully she will be fine soon!

default_saludando.gif
oh my what a little sweet heart,,,hoping she has a full recovery she looks like she,s coming along

real nicely
default_wub.png
:wub

Latest posts

Back