Our Newest Addition

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mominis

Reaction score
It all started at Nationals...doesn't it usually? lol We went down to meet the Taylors in person, since I've been talking to them all year about Shake, and started looking around at the horses they brought with them. While we were looking through their stalls, this HUGE brown eyes were looking back at us. I asked Doc Taylor who the beautiful bay was and he told me it was Michigan's Blowing You Away, the first horse that I had contacted them about when I started looking for my first mini. Well, we came back and looked at him over and over and over the next couple of days and watched him show in the Yearling Over Futurity. In the class, there were 52 colts! He made the first cut, but didn't end up in the top ten, which was just fine with us. The very next day, we talked to Doc about him and got a price. I was amazed that he was priced so affordably and immidately agreed to buy him. So, he went home with Doc and Shirley to get a little 'brain sugery.' Hubby is just thrilled to have another up and coming show gelding!!

Michigan's Blowing You Away (Michigan's Hartbreaker x Michigan's Chocolate Swirl by HP Jericho New Image) will arrive at our farm in early November. He's a 36" solid bay with a teeny tiny snip on the left side. We are moving into the new boarding facility that our barn managers have purchased. It has an indoor arena and an indoor round pen, which will make winter training a whole lot easier. We are holding off having Blowing You Away delivered until we can get settled in the new place so we don't have to move him twice.

The plan is to show Shake next year in harness (I can't wait!!) and some halter and bring the little guy out for the 2 year old gelding futurity and 2 year old over geldings. We plan to nominate him to the Super G as well. We hope he will become a nice roadster horse his 3 year old year and beyond. Doc seems to think that division would suit him well.

I have been going CRAZY waiting for all of the Nationals hubbub to die down so I could tell you guys about him. We are so excited!!!

default_aktion033.gif
Congrats! Share pics of your new boy.
default_yes.gif

A very big congrats!!!!!! I am glad you got another baby to love on!

LOL!!! Congrats on your new boy!!! I KNEW when we were talking that you would buy a new horse at the show...you had obviously been bitten by the Mini bug big time by the way you talked...
default_biggrin.png

Pics??? (I probably saw him out there, but...let's see!)

Congrats on your new addition!

The Taylors are just wonderful people to deal with. So patient and really very honest about the horses you are interested in. I have 2 of their ASPC ponies and just love them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant see the pic, but congrats on your new boy that obviously have liked from the beginning!!! Can't wait to see pics of him!

He is awesome!! I love the bay's. Can't wait to see you next year in some of our local shows again around the Missouri area.

Congratulations on adding another soon-to-be gelding!! I think he is gorgeous - even covered up with a blanket and shavings. He has a beautiful head and expression. I think you are going to have a great time with him!

Barbara

Congratulations! He looks cute--I'll look forward to seeing more photos when you get him home & get some taken.

I love the breeding--Hart Breaker is still one of my favorites!

Congrats on your new boy! It's great that your hubby is as excited as you are!
default_aktion033.gif

Congrats to you and your hubby, it was a pleasure meeting you both at the Nationals. You can never have enough of the "Michigan" horses, we have quite a few and some of of ours do have the "Michigan's" but just under a different farm name.

We are always stalled with the Taylors and they are great people. Our Modern that we bought off of them is a absolute sweetheart and I love him to death and he will have a home with us forever. Scott showed Blown Away last year for Taylors at Nationals.

Looking forward in seeing you both next year with Shake and Blown Away, also, congrats on your placing with Shake at the Nationals and he will be great in harness too.
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back