Our new stud pick up and deliver

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBhorses

Reaction score
Hey

Our new stud was suppose to arrive feb.11, but the truck had a water line broke. The shipper can't get him to us until feb. 16 if the weather holds out. we are afraid to have him ship then something happen then we are not here. We will be out of town on the 17 til 21. we want to be here for our new stud when he arrives. the shipper said she can't get him deliver again until march 8 through 11. so do i take the chance of having him ship the not getting here until i am gone(no one can be here if that happens)
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
Do we wait til march or try another shipper?

This is our fist time to have someone else ship for us. We have had crazy weather ever where in the united states. Hauledright said they will work with us.

thanks for you help

i am just worried about what to do.

Personally, I would wait until you are home for good - I would not want to be gone from home when a horse is newly arrived.

Stacy

I wouldn't have him hauled in when your going to be out of town. You'll want someone there to keep an eye on him and make sure he settles in nicely. I dont remember where hes coming from, but the east coast is having some pretty nasty weather, and I would hold out until march if I were you. I know when we had Domingo hauled home he was on the trailer for an extra day and a half because the weather was so bad they had to stop. Domingo is a well seasoned hauler and took the trip great, but I was still worried. We did have him on Ulcergard before, during, and after the trip. The less time they are on the trailer, the better, but I would rather they slow down, and stop when needed to get him here safely than try to make deadlines and get in an accident. HauledRight brought him home, and were great. They called me every few hours with updates, administered his ulcergard, and he got off the trailer looking and acting like he had been on a 2 hour trip, not a 4 day trip.

thanks you all. he is coming from new york. i just hate this happen,because the previous owners are going out of town feb 14 til feb 24. i am trying to work it out for him to be ship next month, so i will be here.

i am excited but worried.

thanks again

where can i get ulcerguard? How much do you give and how often?

I would re schedule, I am in Pa. and we are to get snow again this mon into tues. And they are calling any where from 2 to 12 inches depending on what for cast you listen to. And i am sure they will be traveling threw parts of Pa. to get to you. Lorie

thanks everyone

we having him ship in march around this time.

we have to get another health cert done,because it will be over 30 days.

Sorry to hear his venture is being postponed, but he couldn't be in better hands during transit. They are wonderful to deal with.

Latest posts

Back