Our foaling season is over &

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DebiM

Reaction score
Last two mares were from new crossings so we were really excited about it. The night of David's Funeral Home viewing Emily (next to last due by Buster) was really ready to foal. I told her as we left that she was all alone to take care of things if anything happened. We've NEVER left a mare that we knew was ready to foal. While I was at MD Anderson with Christy for her presurgery test David had her beeper all evening and through the night. When he left for work at 6:30 my Daddy came and stayed til David got home. Emily is one of our own lap babies so we were a bit more anxious. David had put so much time into watching her this year.

When we got home Cody (my son) and I couldn't find Emily. We were running in two directions in the baby pasture and he finally found her inside the barn. When he hollered come quick I was expecting the worst. Standing there by his Mama was the tiniest prettiest little blk homozygous pinto with one blue eye you'd ever want to see! We named him David's Rocket Man as it was the 4th of July. I can't describe the joy I felt. Then the whole family gathered in the barn and we FELT David there. Most of us believe that he was there in the barn helping Emily while we were all in town. Needless to say he won't be going anywhere!

Rocket%20Man.jpg

A couple of weeks later our last foal arrived. This time we had bred our Trios Manilla daughter to Mathew and were REALLY hoping for a paly pinto filly to KEEP. Well this little doll was everything we wanted with two blue eyes to top it off! This pic was taken at just a couple days old and they are very light blue now.

Baby%20Doll.jpg

I sure miss David and wish so badly I could share these last two with him. Most of the foals I'd deliver during the night and show him when he awoke in the morning. Some I couldn't wait til morning and had to wake him during the night to look at the monitor. These last two would have again been a middle of the night wake up!

OH, I posted on the Back Porch a Thank you to all of you for your support and prayers during the most difficult time of my life. It was so appreciated by our whole family. http://minihorse.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=63884

Thank you again,

Debi

They are both beautiful! I'm glad they are helping you in this time of sorrow.

They both sure look like keepers to me CONGRADULATIONS :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Oh Debi, that made me cry all over again, Those two babies were the highlight of my two weeks at your farm while you were in Houston, Always into something, but they were always there to get there pets and scratches when ever Mandy and I went outside.

Folks I took about 1500 pictures of all Debi's Fur kids and lots and lots of the babies, We will be sending her some that we took and making a CD of the rest for her, she can have a blast looking at the fun they provided her Farm Caretakers while she was away. I feel a special bond with Baby Doll as she arrived on the Day Mandy and I got to the farm.

Thank you Debi for allowing me to be there and watch over your Precious babies.

Love You

Jan

Jan, I love you girl and THANK both Mandy and you for dropping everything to come help us. I know you got behind at your own farms the two weeks you stayed. Hugs, my friend.

Some of my Barn Cam forum members have started an adopt a horse (horses stay home at SevenAcres) for us. I couldn't believe it....... At first I said no because I just wasn't used to accepting or needing help. Then my wonderful friend Beth at Freelands gave me a nice tongue lashing til I said okay. It has helped so much knowing that they are sending something each month for "their" horse til things are sorted out. I'll be able to keep the horses which I was so worried abt at first not knowing when we'd have all the paperwork done. I know some of you read LB so HUGE Hugs to you all also for doing this for us.

Debi

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing your new babies pictures and your story. I wish you all the best as you and your family remain in my prayers.

Beautiful foals!!! It couldn't be better.

Thank you Debi for sharing. Your wonderful story touches my heart. David would be so proud of you all.

Wish you all the very best

Anita

I'm smiling thru tears this morning seeing those 2 precious babies and listening to you. Bless your heart my friend, don't hesitiate to call if you need any little thing, hugs!

:aktion033: What a WONDERFUL way to end the season Debi!! I just know David is rejoicing with you over these two!!
default_yes.gif
:

That made me cry all over again! You just KNOW David was there with his girl helping her have her baby! Both babies are just beautiful Debi!

It is a fact that mini horse people are the most AWESOME when it comes to helping people in need of comfort. Minis are magical and bring out the best in people, and gather THE best people together.

Bless you my friend. {{{{Debi}}}}

~HUGS~ Debi, I'm so happy the foals turned out to be just what you and David ordered, they are beautiful!

Bless your heart, Debi. Those two gorgeous babies are definitely rays of light in this dark time of yours. You sound very strong and positive, and I hope things continue to go well for you and your family.

What a nice way to end your foaling season. Your story was touching and heartfelt.......I'm sure David has "seen" both of these precious foals and is pleased as punch! I'm so glad you'll be able to keep your horses.....what an awful feeling to have hanging over your head when you're already grieving. Take care Debi!

Bless your heart Debi, tears were in my eyes reading your post. Congratulations on two gorgeous foals!!!

We think of you often and keep you in our prayers (((((HUGS)))))

[SIZE=12pt] Wow what wonderful foals to end your season! [/SIZE]

And I have NO DOUBT, that if you felt him there, he was there sharing that with you.
default_yes.gif
:

Debi,

They are both just stunning. There is no doubt in my mind that David knows all about them and their births!

I am so happy you can keep your horses, and I still keep you in my prayers daily, dealing with your extreme loss.

Susan O.

Hi,

I know you must be able to feel the love and pride of your husband in these two, and for that I'm glad. I think of you often and hope for you to be at ease and comforted when you most need it. Thanks for sharing the story of hope and joy with us.
default_smile.png

Best wishes,

Liz M.

Latest posts

Back