Our APPY New Year has started

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairicane

Reaction score
Well we started the 2008 foaling session off with a bang and lots of excitement. Problem is the excitement was a problem birth! Her foaling alarm went off early on the 4th and I saw it was time, woke hubby up and told him to watch the monitor and come help if he saw I needed it. Out I go and find the head coming out, wait a minute, where are the front feet??? I wont bore u with all the gory details but I will say poor baby got pushed all the way back in mom ( while I TRIED to find and unfold some very long legs) at least 6 or more times. Hubby had gone right back to sleep so I ended up charging into the house totally covered in amnionic fluid, poop and hay yelling for him to "get his a** up and help me before the baby dies." Im sure that gave him nightmares, lol. Thats why I wont get an online foaling cam. Im about half crippled with the herniated disks in my back and damaged nerves. A problem birth here is neither calm or pretty, Im out there freezing and wet in a nightgown with a sweatshirt over it wallowing around on the stall floor with Gala. LOL, just the thought of that going out over the internet worldwide is scary!

Anyway I did get 1 leg out finally and Hubbie was then able to pull the baby out. Paul and I were so relieved, as was poor Gala. Im sure the baby was too and HE proceded to get right up and make friends with us all. He seemed bonded to us right away, I guess he got a real good look at us as I kept pushing him back in trying to find his feet. His Dad is Bart one of our fewspot appy studs and this boy looks to be a snowcap/fewspot too. He is so hairy we will have to wait and shave to be sure. Anyway here is our new very fuzzy, totally spoiled rotten new boy. Sorry about the photo qqqquality, these are taken with camera/phone as my digital camera died.

Gaylabartcoltmomsides1808.jpg

gaylabartbothcutefronts108.jpg

Here are the Owens (Garyo) on the forum visiting and scratching his highness.

GaylabartcoltmomscratchOwensBLUR.jpg

Sure hope the rest of foaling season goes easier!
default_wacko.png
We have another mare bagging up now.
default_laugh.png

Awe
default_wub.png

I still have 3 months to wait
default_rolleyes.gif

Congrats!!!!!!
default_wub.png

Beautiful boy. Thank God you were there to deliver.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Whooo hooo!!!!!! What a cutie!! Congrats! I'm so glad you were able to get him out safe!

Can't wait to see better pics, he looks lovely! Glad mama and baby are in good health! CONGRATULATIONS on a great start to foaling season! :D

OMG, what a story!! I am glad it turned out ok. I know someone who lost a foal by pushing it back in to do just this.... but, what do you do??!!!!

He looks healthy and glad to be here.. and I'm with you... foaling problems here are not pretty either if they occur, and I would NEVER want to be on a cam for all to see, and I assume HEAR me, if one should come up!

He is a cutie and SO GLAD it all worked out ok!!!

Ok, I have about 60 days to go before I start with the 'spotted fever' here, and am jealous now that you have already started!!! I want to see spots before my eyes too!!!
default_laugh.png

Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
What a nerve-racking event. :DOH! Glad it all came out okay....he sure is a cutie!
default_wub.png

Congratulations - he is gorgeous
default_wub.png
Our first foal is due in just 6 weeks and your story confirms why it is so important to monitor these mares - without your quick help, the ending of the story would have been much different. Again, Congratulations

Congratulations Jen!

He is very nice looking. Nice job on getting him out and safely on the ground.
default_yes.gif

Congratulations on a very colorful boy! I agree with Getitia in that it's so important to monitor these mares and not let a foaling go unattended.

Yep, I agree, no online foalings for me. From foaling difficulties to me in the middle of the night, it's not a sight for the world to see!
default_biggrin.png

Cute baby, and glad everything turned out well..
default_yes.gif

I can so identify with the non world wide delivery, lol..

I have had a similar harrowing experience too.

Glad your hubby was able to help pull baby out for you.
default_aktion033.gif

So glad it worked out, congratulations, on a beautiful boy!!!

Congratulations!!!

Your hubby sounds just like my hubby! Mine did not get up for our one and only foaling, but thank goodness our foaling went smooth.

I remember kicking him in the butt and shaking him yelling get up blank blank blank!!! My 8 year old at the time was my helper, and she was alert from the first second! Good girl!!

he is very cute and I think all your horses are beautiful!
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back