Our All-Star results........................

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanny

Reaction score
I've never posted our All-Star results before, mostly because even though I was very proud of our horses and how we (especially our kids) did and how hard we worked, I've read way too many posts from people saying that All-Stars doesn't mean anything or they are just a "trailer race" or the people that care about the All-Star results are just "point chasers".

I decided to post them this year, though, because I wanted to give our horses the recognition they deserve --especially since some of them came in first in All-Stars and then went on to win a National or Reserve National title in the same event. I'm not going to list all of our placings from AMHR Nationals, but our "All-Star" horses went on to Nationals and competed in the same events and came home with three National championships, four Reserve National championships, 22 top fives and 45 top tens. In other words, they validated their All-Star rankings. I'm not going to list all the National placings with the All-Star rankings, just the top threes.

OUR 2006 ALL-STAR RESULTS
QUAIL CREEK'S RUMORHASIT (aka Rumor)

He also earned his Hall of Fame this year in both Hunter and Jumper

1st Amateur Hunter - Over

1st Open Hunter - Over...............2006 AMHR NATIONAL CHAMPION - OPEN HUNTER OVER

1st Youth Jumper - Over..............Third at Nationals

3rd Youth Hunter - Over..............2006 RESERVE CHAMPION - YOUTH HUNTER OVER (12 & under)

4th Adult Jumper - Over

6th Multi-Color Stallion & Gelding - Over

CLASSIQUE'S PHANTOM GOLD (aka Phantom)

He also earned his Hall of Fame in Roadster this year so is now HOF in Pleasure, Country Pleasure, Roadster, Hunter, Jumper, Halter, Liberty and is 11 points away from HOF in Park Harness.

1st Adult Jumper - Under.........................2006 AMHR NATIONAL CHAMPION OPEN JUMPER UNDER

1st Youth Pleasure Driving - Under ...... Third at Nationals in Youth 8-12

1st Amateur Pleasure Driving - Under

2nd Amateur Hunter - Under

3rd Amateur Roadster - Under

4th Pleasure Driving - Under

4th Liberty - Under

4th Open Roadster - Under

8th Youth Roadster - Under........2006 RESERVE NATIONAL CHAMPION YOUTH ROADSTER UNDER 12 & Under

WHISPERING HILL FARM MAGICIAN (aka Magic)

1st Adult Jumper - Over...........................2006 AMHR NATIONAL CHAMPION AMATEUR JUMPER OVER

2nd Amateur Hunter - Over

3rd Park Harness - Over

5th Amateur Jumper - Over

6th Open Hunter - Over

...............he was also 2006 RESERVE NATIONAL CHAMPION YOUTH PLEASURE DRIVING 7 & UNDER and thirds in YOUTH ROADSTER and YOUTH PLEASURE DRIVING, OVER, 8-12. (He was green and we didn't start driving him at shows until right before Nationals.)

LBF SUGAR AND SPICE (aka Sugar)

1st Youth Country Pleasure Driving - Over......2006 RESERVE NATIONAL CHAMPION 7 & UNDER

2nd Amateur Country Pleasure Driving - Over

5th Open Country Pleasure Driving - Over

Multi-Color Mare - Over

OLIVE BRANCHES BLACK TIE AFFAIR (aka Tie)

He also earned his Hall of Fame in Country Pleasure - and this was his first full season driving.

3rd Amateur Hunter - Under

3rd Youth Country Pleasure Driving - Under

3rd Liberty - Under

4th Amateur County Pleasure Driving - Under

5th Open Country Pleasure Driving - Under

7th Amateur Roadster - Under

8th Open Versatility - Under

9th Amateur Jumper - Under

9th Adult Jumper - Under

The next horse only showed for the beginning part of the show season and he still made the All-Star results

BERTRAND'S IRISH LAD

2nd Amateur Pleasure Driving

5th Liberty Over

5th Youth Pleasure Driving Over

6th Amateur Hunter Over

6th Youth Roadster Over

9th Amateur Roadster Over

9th Multi-Color

10th Open Pleasure Driving Over

JEM BOOT SCOOT N BOOGIE

9th Multi-Color Under

Our five year old son was 10th in 7 & Under showmanship and was the family member that usually showed in Multi-Color.

I'm with those that do feel anytime you have a horse that makes the All-Star list it is meaningful. If you look at the top ten All-Stars in any given event most of the horses names you see did well at Nationals too. If you can make the All-Stars but are unable to travel to Tulsa to compete at Nationals you still have a way of seeing how you compare to other horses and other handlers from around the country. Nationals is one chance to compete under just a couple of judges and get their opinion on that given day and All-Stars is a compilation of how you did over the entire show season under many different judges on many different days.

Last edited by a moderator:
*** Getting into my very tight flame proof clothing*****

First let me say, I have seen all them horses perform. YEs they do deserve there wins.

However I am one that says all stars dont mean much. Here is why...........

First I have seen how it works and I will use my own results from awhile back. I had a horse I showed at one show, and she ended up getting a Champion all star.......why, there were very few horses that showed in that particular class/division.

Second, it is all about points. The more shows you can run to the more points you get, the higher your all star placeing.

For example you could have horse A go to shows every weekend and place last but get more points then a horse B that gets 1st every time out but only goes to a few shows a year. Whoes the better horse? Well by points is the horse A, however in reality the horse B is far better.

If you took both horse A and B to nationals, chances are horse B is going to place or at least show better. Not always the case for certian reasons but the odds in this case are high.

That said, Congrats. The horses and kids did well. I do enjoy watching them show. However we need to have a talk about a certian horse.............. :bgrin I guess if all else fails this summer I hope to make it to some shows to watch even if I cant show.

Also.........Bob if your reading this, Zodiak is getting his fat butt into shape and has lost considerable amout of weight. He says he is ready to give you a run for your money in jumping. :bgrin

our "All-STAR" horses went on to Nationals and competed in the same events and came home with a total of 22 top fives and 45 top tens so they validated their All-Star rankings.I'm with those that do feel anytime you have a horse that makes the All-Star list it is meaningful. If you look at the top ten All-Stars in any given event most of the horses names you see did well at Nationals too. If you can make the All-Stars but are unable to travel to Tulsa to compete at Nationals you still have a way of seeing how you compare to other horses and other handlers from around the country. Nationals is one chance to compete under just a couple of judges and get their opinion on that given day and All-Stars is a compilation of how you did over the entire show season under many different judges on many different days.
WOW! You cleaned up at Nationals! Congratulations! :aktion033: AND, congratulations on your All-Star awards! :aktion033:

Not knowing any better I initially posted a question asking if the All Star awards meant anything because two of my horses got AS top tens, with my mare receiving 4 with 1 first and 1 second. But she didn't place in halter at Nationals so I was thinking she mustn't really match up. But maybe she does and Nationals was just one day, one show.

Do they give an award to the person who has the most All Stars from one year??? Y'all would surely be the winners!!!
default_smile.png

Congratulations on all of your placings!

Wow, look all your All Star wins!!! :aktion033: Also, thank you for reassuring the rest of us that received them that they really DO mean something. Well deserved wins and congratulations to you and to all that helped you achieve them! :aktion033:

Dawn :saludando:

VERY impressive!! :aktion033:

You and your family work so hard with your horses, and it definitely shows. You have some incredible horses as well.

Congratulations!

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: Congratulations on all your successes, you and your horses had a great year both in the All Stars and at Nationals.

Yvonne

congratulations! I have never understood people who say that it means nothing. That is so false and in my opinion just sour grapes. There are some rare classes that dont get many entries but they are few and far between. We dont show every weekend *(boy dont i wish we could) and still manage to place in the allstars. But I still havent gotten a letter this year
default_sad.png
Im pretty sure crunch was pretty high in ammy sr stallion but I will continue to wait lol

again congrats on your placings they are well deserved!

kay

lets not get into a faming conversation i think that the all stars rock. I got mine for the first time with cj and gosh i was almost crying because i was so happy that my horse got that winning. ashley please dont make it into a flaming conversation this is something to be happy about for someone else and its not fair to ruin there happyness.

I am not makeing a flameing session, just putting my two cents in.

Lucky me, Sanny knows me VERY well, almost to well I think. I am not to worried about hurting her feelings, as she understood how I ment it. I am also not to worried about her hurting mine or takeing my post wrong.

Congrats Sanny! I know you are proud of what you and your horses have accomplished!

Kristinia,

In answer to your question about the Miniature or Pony that has the most All-Star points....it's called...

"Pony of the Year". If you will pull your April 06 Journal and on page 40 you will see the Ponies & Miniatures of the Year for 2005. We won't know until February or March as to who the 2006 Ponies & Minis of the year will be, but they are in the following catagories:

Modern Halter

Modern Performance

Modern Pleasure Halter

Modern Pleasure Performance

Classic Halter

Classic Performance

Foundation Halter

American Show Pony Halter

American Show Pony Performance

AMHR Division A Halter

AMHR Division A Performance

AMHR Division B Halter

AMHR Division B Performance

The other flip side to All-Stars is the Breeders of the Year....as their distinction is also figured from All-Stars and how many ponies/minis come from their breeding programs and how well those horses have done in competition with the breeder or their owners.

Again, Congrats to All All-Star Winners!

Karen

Congratulations on your All-Star results!

I'm one who does think the All-Stars mean something and for pretty much the reason you pointed out. My stallion that I co-own with Erica had National All-Star placements that nearly mirrored his National placements this season, and I think last year was similar for him as well.

You should be very proud of you and your horses' accomplishments
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back