ouch! my pocketbook.......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

running in the red

Reaction score
2 emg. vet visits in 2 days....yesterday Indy tore his flank about 2 inches-haven't figured out how and today my big momma min mare colics! vet said we got to her in time- but she's madder then a wet hen-we just got thru feeding and Katie gets no grain or hay...........she's screaming [literally] mad.........had to move her baby to feed him seperatly then put him bd in- she even licked his lips looking for any scraps........the vet asked if I knew her weight- oh ya- only 325 lbs..........my little love..joy

I hear you... this year so far, I think our vetting is at around $4,500 -- a lot of which was due to a foal with a rough start but thankfully is a healthy fireball now. Still, when I factor in how many vet visits and how much time and expertise has gone into my horses from the vets, I'm not about to complain. You couldn't get me to put that much professional time alone into something for the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel it too, my precocious colt this year choked twice and has racked up over $1500 in vet bills himself, added to my "usual" vet bills. Ouch is right! So far (knock on wood) he's been fine out in the large pasture playing with the two fillies.

'Add us to the list also mostly because of a foal with a rough start over $1600 + regular vet bills and we arent even half way through the year yet. Ugh!!!!!

I feel your pain
default_smile.png
Hope things improve for you.

We had that kind of year last year, hopefully the worst it will be. Our vet bills........well, year end totals just about put my husband into cardiac arrest LOL between big horses trying to kill themselves and run of the mill injuries & care.

Jan

Latest posts

Back