Orphan filly doing well

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsj

Reaction score
Hi all,

My little orphan is doing ok, first night without mum last night, but dad stayed close and she has eaten a ton of food (including milk replacer) and hay. I am glad that as soon as she started being interested in mum's food I began to give her her own bucket as it has made this bit much easier.

It's raining here right now but I'll try to get some pictures later.

Thanks for all the good thoughts.

xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats fantastic news I am so delighted she is eating and doing well. Its such a sad time loosing a mare that at least now you know your filly is doing well.

Would love to see a pic of her.

So glad that she seems to be doing well Maria, and that she seems settled - well done to Daddy for keeping her company. Yes a few pictures would be great when the weather allows.

Anna

I missed the story but I am sending prayers that your foal continues to do well!

This is really great news, might I add I'm sorry you lost your mare, but you may find comfort in having her foal.

Im so glad she is doing well and Im sure she will continue to thrive
default_aktion033.gif

A couple of Blue -

Talking to Raffles (full big brother)

GEDC3330.jpg

Time with dad, Sunny.

GEDC3337.jpg

With mum a couple of weeks ago

GEDC3154.jpg

Aww bless her! She looks great Maria - love the picture of her with Sunny, what a good boy he is and he's probably going to prove a better companion for her than her older brother.

Thank you for the pictures.
default_yes.gif

Anna

Thanks, she is still very sad but happiest when out with her sire. The only problem is they have to be separate when she's eating or he'll eat all her feed.

You are doing a great job! she looks as though she is doing just fine.
aktion033.gif

What a cutie! So glad shes doing well. Wish I could send you my bag of milk replacer. If anyone in the states needs some email me. I doubt it would be good by next year and hate to see it go to waste

Such a pretty girl. So glad she is doing well and love that her Daddy is looking after her.

What a cutie! So glad shes doing well. Wish I could send you my bag of milk replacer. If anyone in the states needs some email me. I doubt it would be good by next year and hate to see it go to waste
Thanks, that's so kind! Hope your two are ok, thinking of you a lot all the way from darkest (well, wettest) Wales.

Blue is getting her personality back a bit now I think, being a bit less compliant - normally I wouldn't like this in a horse but it means she is feeling stronger. She's scouring a bit still but that's to be expected I think. I am thinking of getting her some Bio Sponge.

She was out on the grass having a good potter about yesterday and she is getting a bit more enthusiasm back, I can see the difference in the way she moves.

The best news is a very very kind friend has made a generous offer, to have her at her stud once she's a bit stronger to play with her foals and get some proper playtime. I am so delighted, I think it will do her the world of good.
default_aktion033.gif

I'll get some more pictures when it's sunny again I hope.

Maria

That is wonderful news, it will so much fun for her to have some other babies to romp with

Brilliant news Maria.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Am so glad she's feeling a bit better and seems more settled, bless her.

If she can go and play with your friend's babies later on, it will do her the world of good, although I expect Sonny will miss her. Hows Raffles doing after his op?

Anna

Latest posts

Back