OREGON STATE FAIR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooreAcres

Reaction score
I know its a ways off yet (Aug.), but curious as to who is planning on attending?

I am thinking about taking my homebred yearling to show in AMHR and PtHA. Might have another surprise there as well...

A friend is taking her new yearling colt down for AMHA. Dont think she's planning on showing AMHR.

Erin

I'd heard a rumor that the state fair was dropping the AMHR part of the show because of lack of participation.

My daughter is hoping to have "her" gelding trained in time for state fair. Fortunately he's double registered in both AMHA and AMHR.

Hey Erin,

Maryann is correct -- OSF dropped AMHR (last offered it two years ago). It's just too close to Nationals, so the turnout was not very good.

But they have a plethora of pinto classes, so this would be a great place to get him seen by other pinto people. PtHA shows are plentiful and well-attended in the NW.

Yes AMHR has been dropped due to lack of people. You might want to check to be sure pinto will be there. There have been a lot of changes in the last couple of years.

We will be there for the AMHA part and probably for the whole fair with the miniature horse display. If pinto is there and they will register on site I have a filly that I will show.

We won't be making the fair. Is a 7+ hour drive for us and since Eugene is so close, we just can't make it to both. Plus, our fair is offering mini classes (not sanctioned yet) and we plan to hit that, and its the same time as the OSF. For all of you going, have a wonderful time!! I miss the Oregon State and Clark County fair over there!!!

The class list, premium, schedule, and entry forms for the fair are now available on line. I was looking at them this weekend. Sad the AMHR classes are gone, but as Susanne said, they weren't supported well due to the proximity to the National show. Hope to see many of you there.

Mark

Latest posts

Back