Ordered my new trailer!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been using an old stock trailer with a dorky piece of fiberglass bolted over the top half for my horses. We just ordered a new trailer! It will be the end of September before it is ready, as the trailer company sets up for production on a certain model, and the one I want is not scheduled until September. It is a bumper pull half top in the color Arizona tan. I chose the half top, as my horses ride in the front under the shelter, and I can put my cart in the back half. The shafts stick up, so that is why I can only use the half top. Amazingly, the half top costs $200+ more than a fully covered trailer, because of the structure. Including a spare tire, it will run about $3100. It is a WW.

We bought a new pickup last year and the new tailer will match it. I have been using our old van to pull the old trailer, so now I am looking forward to being all shiney new! I don't think my little horses will appreciate the difference, though :bgrin

By the way, I opted not to get the chrome gravel guard on the front. Should I rethink that? Also, on the trailer pad I chose to have the space on the edges instead of down the middle. I thought that would be safer for the horses; the one have now is set up like that. Should I stick with that decision?

Anyone else getting a new trailer?

Congratulations on the trailer!!! I got a new one last year and it was / is my first really "nice" trailer and I love it.

The only advice I'm smart enough on trailers to give, is to get everything you feel you should swing and really want on it from the get go. That way you won't get it and think you'd like it better if you just did ______.

I have been using an old stock trailer with a dorky piece of fiberglass bolted over the top half for my horses. We just ordered a new trailer! It will be the end of September before it is ready, as the trailer company sets up for production on a certain model, and the one I want is not scheduled until September. It is a bumper pull half top in the color Arizona tan. I chose the half top, as my horses ride in the front under the shelter, and I can put my cart in the back half. The shafts stick up, so that is why I can only use the half top. Amazingly, the half top costs $200+ more than a fully covered trailer, because of the structure. Including a spare tire, it will run about $3100. It is a WW.

We bought a new pickup last year and the new tailer will match it. I have been using our old van to pull the old trailer, so now I am looking forward to being all shiney new! I don't think my little horses will appreciate the difference, though :bgrin

By the way, I opted not to get the chrome gravel guard on the front. Should I rethink that? Also, on the trailer pad I chose to have the space on the edges instead of down the middle. I thought that would be safer for the horses; the one have now is set up like that. Should I stick with that decision?

Anyone else getting a new trailer?

Always go with gravel guard!

I forgot to get it on mine......a big no no

How lucky are you! I've been looking for a new or used 2-4 mini horse trailer for ages. I live in the Pacific Northwest and I just don't want to pay the delivery charges from the midwest and east. So, I guess I will keep looking. I am leaving tomorrow for the mini show in Reno, Nevada and have hopes of getting a lead or two there! Any help would sure be appreciated.

Tamarack

WW is a brand of trailer. Has a reputation for being well made.

Marty, I wasn't going to get the chrome gravel guard because when it sits in the pasture I am afraid it will be like a gigantic mirror. But I am open to persuasion!

As Jill says, I should get exactly what I want now because I will probably never have another chance.

Latest posts

Back