Opinions on this pedigree?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoot

Reaction score
I am seriously considering buying this boy but have been unable to find much information on the horses in his pedigree. FX TIDDLY-WINK seems to have produced several loudly colored foals, including the stallion TIDDLYS APPLEJACK. Other than that, I can't find any information. Who has the KRM prefix? Does anyone have pictures of any of these horses? Show records? He was bred by Kristine Mueller of St. Charles, MN.

http://www.allbreedp...midnight hooter

Also, he is halter broke and that is it. I would want to turn him into a driving horse. What would be a fair offer? He is still intact, too, so I would have that expense.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I know nothing of that pedigree. but, if he's going to be a gelding, then IMHO his pedigree doesn't matter near as much as the horse himself. If you like everything about the horse, and he has good conformation, then that is what matters.

The only farm names I recognize are LUcky Four and Stouts, but don't know about the horses mentioned. As for driving, we would need a picture.

I'm just curious about pedigree. I love researching bloodlines. He was their herd stallion, hence why he is only halter broke. But they're getting out of breeding...

Last edited by a moderator:
May disney horse will get on here and give you a good opinion on conformation, and driving ability. As for halter, you won't be able to show him in that class other then maybe multicolor class, as IMO his neck ties in too low, but it may be just the picture angles. It also looks like his shoulder is too straight, but I don't drive so don't take my word for it. I think he would make a very nice gelding and all around fun guy to have around. Sorry I can't be more positive.

Sorry, just joined and must have missed that rule! Seems a shame we can't do conformation or pedigree critiques without peoples' feelings getting hurt... what is this world coming to... conformation is conformation... and I have family in the military fighting for our freedom of speech... sigh.

I have a fiance who is in the Navy, however this isn't exactly the same thing. As courtesy to owners, Mary Lou (owner/creator of LB) posted that rule so that their horses aren't being publically critiqued - I know I would be VERY upset if someone used a picture of my horse, posted it on a forum that I may or may not know about for everyone on the world wide web to see and critique without my permission.

It's to keep everyone happy and in a civilized, adult manner and to avoid confrontations that are preventable.

Well, the reasoning is that the owner of the horse did not ask for a critique and many people have different opinions on what "good" conformation or pedigree is. To me, a great-grandparent is pretty much worthless, but you see all the time people advertising "Buckeroo bred" horses so to THEM it's something to crow about!

No horse has "perfect" conformation, and that is why no horse will ever always win a halter class. What is the conformation compared to? When a horse is just presented by itself, what is "breeding and show quality" to one may be "pet quality" to another. You see it all the time. When I browse websites, I see MANY MANY horses being bred that I feel are poor examples of the mini breed. But to the owner, they must see something special?

Also, the seller may not want a general negative critique of a horse they are trying to sell as it may hurt sales.

Andrea

When I get home I will check, but I think I have pics of Piney's Tootsie Roll and I know I have pics of Freckled Feather. He may even be on my reference page. The other horses I have never heard of.

Sorry didnt get to it, will do it when I get home!

Here is the only photo I have ever been able to find of Pineys Tootsie Roll and one of her foals

PineysTootsieRollandfilly.jpg

And here is Stouts Freckled Feather

StoutsFrckldFeatherNS.jpg

StoutsFreckledFeatherhead.jpg

Thank you! I think I am going to pass on him but I appreciate the photos and information.

Back