Opinion of mini...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me say that it is very easy to take a non-show quality photo of a unclipped and unconditioned horse,

and hear all sorts of negitive critiquing. But give that same horse a structured diet and exersize program and a decent clip job,

and then share your photo, and you will hear many more of the positives that she actually has..
default_yes.gif

I see her as a lovely diamond in the rough! Congratulations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mandi- I really love your attitude about showing. So often people put the chase for a 59cent ribbon above their horse or their own pleasure. If you are interested, I belong to a carriage club in your area. We are mostly for fun, although some of us compete CDE or show pleasure shows, the club is geared to pleasure/trail driving. Send me an email and I will fill you in on our upcoming activities. Oh, by the way, I think you will be pleasantly surprised at what a "visit to the beauty salon" and some proper nutrition will do for this mare's appearance. And I love the name Sugar Baby (one of my favorite candies!)

Mandi- I really love your attitude about showing. So often people put the chase for a 59cent ribbon above their horse or their own pleasure. If you are interested, I belong to a carriage club in your area. We are mostly for fun, although some of us compete CDE or show pleasure shows, the club is geared to pleasure/trail driving. Send me an email and I will fill you in on our upcoming activities. Oh, by the way, I think you will be pleasantly surprised at what a "visit to the beauty salon" and some proper nutrition will do for this mare's appearance. And I love the name Sugar Baby (one of my favorite candies!)

I just joined a carriage club in my area last weekend maybe it is the same one ??? How weird would that be!!! Its called the Northwest Indiana carriage and sleigh association. Let me know if its the same one. I didnt know that Sugar Baby was even a candy. HAHA Im am going to have to try it now. We picked her up the day before my daughters 1st birthday and gave it to her as her present. My husband thought she wouldnt know the difference but after that day he said I was right. She went CRAZY when we picked her up and was smiling and laughing as she petted her and sat on her back. My husband started calling her sugar since she was so sweet and Sunorah, our daughter kept calling her baby when ever she saw her pony so we decided to call her sugar baby ever since.

I actually got to clip most of her face today... I didnt want to overdo it since she isnt used to the clippers although she stood perfectly still and was such a good girl, but my clippers were starting to get hot so I just stopped and hope to finish her face tomorrow and OH my GOSH I thought her head was big before, but I never seen it clipped and she has the cutest little head I cant believe how much it changed!

I think she is very cute...but I am a newbie too so what do I know! lol Try to get hold of some Andis Cool Lube and spray your blades as often as they begin to get warm. (Test them on your wrist like a baby's bottle:))They will clip better and she will not fuss so much cuz they stay cool. Clip against the hair for the best cut.

I am very interested in the cinnamon idea...my little guy also has a big belly but lean shoulder and rump. I have literally plowed up his paddock so no grass and started feeding a pellet that doesn't contain husks as fillers. This seems to be helping. Also lounging 15 min a day, walking etc and sweating with a belly wrap. It is hard work, but after our first show last weekend I want to at least try and be competitive at halter.

Lord if that horses head is huge on my my mares must be considered gigantic. I think her head is pretty, its not tiny like some of the arabian like minis but I sure as heck have seen a lot bigger heads then that! She's pretty!

I think she is very cute...but I am a newbie too so what do I know! lol Try to get hold of some Andis Cool Lube and spray your blades as often as they begin to get warm. (Test them on your wrist like a baby's bottle:))They will clip better and she will not fuss so much cuz they stay cool. Clip against the hair for the best cut.
I am very interested in the cinnamon idea...my little guy also has a big belly but lean shoulder and rump. I have literally plowed up his paddock so no grass and started feeding a pellet that doesn't contain husks as fillers. This seems to be helping. Also lounging 15 min a day, walking etc and sweating with a belly wrap. It is hard work, but after our first show last weekend I want to at least try and be competitive at halter.
Thank you for the name of the lube/spray I will try to get some today and see how it goes. She is doing really good with the clipping considering this is the first time she has ever had it done. She is sooo patient with me.

How did your first show go? My first one will be June 6th or 7th I hope that she will be ready by then to at least not look like a total tank in halter hahaha. Otherwise, there is still the obstacle course. It will be interesting to see how the other minis look. I guess I'll find out when we get there. ;)

Back