Oops

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdmomjb

Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to live greener than usual and have trimed the electric bill to the lowest husband and I have received in the 26 years we have been married.

I have some solar panels and a very small wind generator right now.

Today I bid on a set of solar panels on ebay and the bid quickly reached within $2.00 of my high bid so I really thought that with 6 hours left that there was no way I was going to win them.

Later while crusing the net I found the same set on sell at Harbor Freight.

So I took my husband to Little Rock, to Harbor Freight and bought the same set for the bid price plus tax. He was happy with that as I saved half that amount on the electric bill this month. We also went and purchased a new battery to double the storage capacity. and hope to save more next month.

Well to make a long story short when I got home I found that I had won the set on e-bay.
default_new_shocked.gif
Now do I tell husband or just keep quiet. I have the money on my own to pay for the panels and he never even looks at my set up in the RE area of the yard. So that is not a problem but I had such a hard time selling him on RE (renewable Energy) that I dont want him to back up becase I spent more than he/we had planed at this time.

If it were a horse I know he would not notice but I'm sure he will see the ups truck, darn.

What to do????
default_unsure.png

Jan

I would tell him and then resale them on ebay if you don't want them. I have done the same thing on ebay...I collect breyer horses and more than once I have won one that I already have (because I was too lazy to look at my inventory list...I have about 300)...I just resold them.

You could even talk to the seller and ask if they could offer the person who bid just under you a second chance offer...if that person takes it, you will make up the difference via paypal of their bid and what you bid...explain to the seller what happened, most are understanding. It will cost you a few dollars, but probably less than you reselling them on ebay. If the seller does this for you, you won't even have to tell the husband...I'm sneaky I know! If the seller isn't interested, you better tell the hubby what happened...even little lies are not good. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if youre sure he will see the truck than you should tell him but if you can use them and save even more Im not sure he will have a problem with it. The savings will justify the cost it just makes you closer to being self sufficient sooner. Especially if you have money to do it now. Good for you.

Latest posts

Back