Online petition questions for you all

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wee Horse Farm

Reaction score
Ok, so I followed Ivytoro's suggestion about getting an ONLINE petition about stopping common word suffix reservation by AMHR. But, I need to know how you folks would prefer this to be presented to you, the potential petitioners.

1.) When setting up the petition, there is a choice to be made as to whether those who sign would have their name displayed online. But I also need to have you all list your AMHR membership numbers. So.......in an effort to keep your number private, would you all prefer that signers not be listed on line, hence, giving us the only other choice of the total of signers available to see?

It says that showing individual names gives clout to a petition, but I believe your membership number is a private matter. Altho it would be needed by the AMHR for validation of signature (if they accept this), I don't believe it should be made public, thus assuring the petition's use only as intended. It would be given with the petition to AMHR, but no one else could see your name or your number or anything about you online. Does this matter to you all? Maybe I'm not being clear -- The choice is to display online all of the info provided or none of it & just the total of signers instead. The real info would be accesible only to me (as originator of the petition online) and AMHR. Which would you prefer? I'll go with the majority rule.

2.) Now, here's the REEELY BIG question: Would you all help me get other AMHR members to go to the online petition & sign? Would you, if you decide to participate, be willing to send the petition URL to other mini discussion groups? Maybe post the URL on your own websites temporarily?

I can only do so much...........I'm sure willing to try, but this is absolutely positively my LAST effort to get this thing going. (Hey! Who said "Thank God!)" ? So, I'm basically spinning my wheels and I'm running out of gas!
default_pray.gif
:

I'd appreciate answers.............or comments. I might be coming back to you with more once I get started into doing this. I want to do it right! THANK YOU!

Last edited by a moderator:
Answer to question number one: YES

Answer to question number two: YES

Can someone make a banner with a link ??? I will gladly add it to my links page.

YES & YES I'm in and will be glad to help. This most definitely needs to be done. Suffix reservations -unless they are used as intented, which means adding the word 'of' in front of them, should be done away with......it's ridiculous what is going on.

Oops I guess I'd better reword possible answers for question #1............could you tell me to DISPLAY NAMES or KEEP NAMES HIDDEN> I'm guessing you two who already answered want to KEEP NAMES HIDDEN. Right?

Yes keep names and membership numbers hidden. You don't need to reword your question. It can be answered exactly like it is stated. If someone posts a YES then they want to keep names and membership numbers hidden.

I don't mind my name being seen but I don't really want my membership number to be public.

I agree with Lauralee. I don't mind my name being online, but think the membership numbers should be kept private. So, if it's all or nothing, I say keep them hidden.

I will be glad to sign and distribute it to anyone I know who is a member.

Yes & Yes though I don't know what it would hurt to have people see my membership number, I guess maybe I don't know what's at stake w/it (not like it's my social or my bank acct. number). I already sent my written and printed/signed one to you, so would we need to do this in addition? I have a couple of places I can send this for others to see when it's ready.

Liz M.

I could email it to all in our club SEW (that have computers -duh). Wisconsin is totally AMHR. Would also be willing to contact the northern club but I believe that there are members on here from the NEW club too.

So yes & yes.

I appreciate those who answered here. Ok, so I'll get busy on this as soon as I can make time. Hopefully, over this coming weekend (or earlier). Since I already have the names/numbers of those who responded by snail mail, I could probably add those right in when I start the petition online. I'll let y'all know if that works. I don't know if the petition site would accept a lot of signers from the same email address. It might require that you "sign" it again online........sorry about that.........I'm trying my best. I'll let you know. Whew. Here we go again! (my fingers are crossed)

1. Yes - hidden

2. Yes I would pass this on.

You would need to tell me how to sign online I have never done this before.

Just put lots of directions. LOL

Carlene

YES

YES

Karen, I applaud you for your efforts! I have been unable to locate my membership card, so I guess I need to call the office and get my number
default_wacko.png
:

Yes to #1 and #2

I don't care if you have our names/numbers showing or not. What is someone going to do with that info?

If you have a banner, or link I'll add it to our website as well.

:aktion033: I'm sure this online petition will be a success. I'm not an AMHR member myself, but I know quite a few and I will be sure to make this petition known.
default_yes.gif
:

I agree that it would probably be better not to show the AMHR numbers and names online.

:saludando: Julia

Back