? on pregnant mare...walking like a drunk

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMS Miniatures

Reaction score
My pregnant mare she could foal anytime now. She's not too early and she't not late. This morning I noticed she has white milk and is starting to wax up but she is walking very strangely. The way I word it is walking like a drunk. She didn't do this to me the last time she foaled, and never seen this before except for founder but my friend who is a farrier checked her out and ruled out founder. So I'm not sure if she's acting like this cause she's in the early stages of labor or something is seriously wrong. Other then walking strangely everything else is normal and she's eating good.

Thanks!

sounds like phase 1 which i found out with bailey can last hours. she was walking drunk, staggering and actually laid down and had a contraction at 915. then everything stopped. she finally foaled at 230 am

Well I'm feeling much better now. She defintelly acts like she is in labor. She's lying down now so we are watching her very closely right now.

Hopefully the next time I post here its a foal announcement :bgrin

It's funny I've been watching the wrong mare for the past month
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Hope it happens! Good luck! :bgrin

How many days is she?

Latest posts

Back