OMG I bought the FARM

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candycar

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
I almost hate to post this, It's not bragging, and I do feel bad for all on this forum who are going thru tough times...BUT... My DREAM is coming TRUE!

I'm finally getting my "mini farm" It's only 5.3 acres, but it's perfect for us. We are in the final stages of PPW. Barring any Murphys Law glitches. We should take ownership around the 1st part of DEC.

default_impatient.jpg
default_ohnoes.jpg
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_new_multi.gif

I'll have questions about how to get minis used to pasture turn out when they have lived their whole life without any! and a few fencing Qs. Anybody with ideas, please PM me!

Watch out Chances Mini Horse Rescue, I'll be submitting a foster application as soon as things are settled and up and running!
default_xreiter.gif
(another part of my dream)

Those who "know" me, know how long and how hard I've worked for this dream to come true.

I'm 55 years old and not waiting any longer! I want my dream!

Heck, if I had known, I would have sold you half of our place. We've got 17 acres and it's three times more than we need. Sigh. Just that much more that we have to mow.

Congrats! that is so awesome. There are plenty of threads already on the forum about fencing, and I'm sure there are also threads about introducing horses to pasture for the first time (give you something to read while you wait for your closing, then we can answer your questions as they come up).

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Congratulations! Know how pleased you are. We waited 14 years before we could get our place and ours is small too. Only 3 and 1/2 acres; but zoned completely AG out in the country but direct to town. It's fun to be able to look out the window and see your guys every morning.

WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I'm SO happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!

default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif

Congratulations!!! I can feel your joy! I totally get it and am so happy for you!!!!!
default_new_multi.gif

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you. Its my dream too,, some day, in Kentucky with my dream farm. We were browsing Kentucky last month but here we are back in Maine!! LOL

Enjoy your dream,,, you only live once

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

5+ acres is a GREAT size for a farm -- after all, it IS a mini farm, right? (Sorry!!) Be sure to post photos when you can, and keep us up-to-date on the details. I love tales of new home ownership, esp. when there's a farm attached.

Thanks folks, we are pretty excited! Here's a few pics as it is now. We have to make a dry lot/alley from the "barn" to the pasture.

The barn area is attached behind the small garage. We plan on turning the carport in to a large shed for hay and stuff.

farm12_zpse2d0205f.jpg

farm13_zps287d8e0c.jpg

Yes that is a stocked pond!

The cattle will be gone!

farm16_zps40cfd565.jpg

Beautiful Place!! I hope to find something similar down there within the next year!!! Enjoy your new farm!!!!

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

Oh congratulations. That all looks so pretty.

But BEWARE.

Just because you have acres doesn't mean you have to buy 23 minis and 4 donkeys and become an exhausted slave for the rest of your life.

Oh, just ignore me. I might go away.

Again Congrats.

Latest posts

Back