OMG I bought the FARM

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations! Looks like it will work well for your needs. Gotta say I am jealous of the flat grassy area, lol. Everything here is up hill, rocky and tree covered. It makes for nice rides in the woods, but uggg, what a chore to open more area!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its gorgeous and you'll love Kentucky. We have a zillion relatives around Lexington, Paris and Georgetown.

and CMHR will gladly love to see your application!

That's wonderful! Congratulations! Answering the grass question. I depends upon how lush the grass pasture is. I would hand graze them at first for about 10 minutes. Say 10 minutes the first day, 10 minutes the next, build up to maybe 20 minutes during the first week. After that you can increase the time to 10 minutes per grazing session until you get them acclimated to about an hour. Depending on how much grass, if hay and grain are given, that is sometimes enough grass turnout for minis. A grazing muzzle if it is a lot of lush grass over many acres of grass pasture. We just pastured in the rest of our grass acreage and my minis are packing on the pounds quickly. A little good grass goes a long way!

Latest posts

Back