Old West style buildings

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHARLOTTE & JOHN

Reaction score
Some of you asked - so here are a couple of updated progress pictures of the 1st of several small

"old west" buildings hubby is making.

It is not complete yet but he does have the wood on the sides now.

Here is the building from outside the pen

2HORSES029.jpg

and here is a view from inside the pen.

2HORSES031.jpg

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Oh it looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought they were similar to what my husband has built, but yours is WAY cuter
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

Your building looks great. I'll bet your anxious for your horses to use it. Does your hubby enjoy building? Mine has built a run-in shed and has added on to my barn a couple of times. He admits he is no carpenter but everything he has built has turned out real well. And he really enjoys seeing his end project.

Those are great. I've always wanted something like that for my horses, too.

Liz

Those are REALLY neat!!! Are you going to build an entire town?

We plan on doing several buildings, all with the "old west" theme in mind. We plan on

doing a full size barn and we think we will make it look on the front like a "saloon".

We will be doing at least one more 2-Stall building and a couple of equipment sheds

for his "bobcat", tractor etc. Each will look like a different kind of business on the front.

Eventually the fronts will be painted and/or have signs on them and the porches will

be decorated accordingly.

We also want to have hitching rails too.

The minis all get really curious :lol: and like to watch what is going on. :new_shocked: We were

suprised at how unafraid they were of the "bobcat". We thought that they would run

from it but instead they would get right up next to it, in front of it, and behind it.

You almost have to run them out of the way. We always watch very carefully around

them, just as we do our 2 Dobermans who get really close to the equipment too.

Of course the Dobermans are NOT inside the pens or in the pasture with the horses.

They are kept separate.

We are hoping that them being around while all this is going on will make them be less

skiddish of noises when they get old enough to be trained for driving.

These mini's amaze me with how brave they can be! Bailey is the same, always has his head stuck in something that my husband is working on. They are just so curious.

I'm loving the way the shelters are coming along. Please keep the photos coming with any new progress. it looks fabulous!

Leonie

Latest posts

Back