Oklahoma Tornados

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Witts Mini Horse Ranch

Reaction score
Rita "WeeOkie" and Pat and Leesa "Rosa Roca"..Davie...any on that knows Mcsperrits, I am sure she is in Seminole..and anyone else..these I just the ones I know for sure where very close to areas that received damage.

Sis, have you heard from Mary? She's in Shawnee, which was getting hit too. I hope everyone is OK!

I posted on the Back Porch once I got power back on. Everyone that I contacted was OK. Jan Tobey (Mars-Montrose) El Reno had some damage done to her barn skylights. Pat Elder (Rosa Roca) and Leesa Conley (Daystar) are both OK. Leesa waited out the storms in Shawnee or she would have been caught around the worst of the damage area on her way home as she would have crossed on I-40 and Choctaw Road about the time the twister hit. I'm OK no damage, twister missed by by about an "air" mile but took out the Thurderbird Marina that is little over 3 miles by road from me. Wilma Bouska (teacup) and Donna Terry were all OK the last time I heard. Donna was waiting it out at work according to Wilma and thought that everything at her place was OK.

Was not able to contact Mary or Rita as I was without power and I only had their e-mails.

Only person I was concerned for was son John and he was unaccounted for for almost 45 minutes. He just barely missed disaster from the twister that went across Hwy 37 just south of Hwy 9. Topped the hill and there it was--slammed on the brakes, set the air brake and got on the floor of the truck. Had to miss a lot of downed power line getting back to the city.

Went past the rural grocery that I usually stop at for diesel when I go to the feed mill--it was destroyed--John said there were papergoods all over the road and lots of bags of sugar he had to dodge.

The worst damage is just 8 miles north of where I'm located. Over 40 homes destroyed and at least that many heavily damaged. News is say we now have 5 fatalities. Assessment is still going on and some areas are still closed off so the areas can be searched in the day before letting home owners back into the area.

Lived out here 33 years and this is the closest one has come to me and I live between 2 natural depression (lakes) that twisters will go around. South OKC and Norman are both under water restriction due to the treatment centers of both lakes being without power. Thunderbird (closest lake) lost its huge marina. The helicopter shots showed a huge floating island of metal out in the lake that used to be boats. What you could make out as boats were sitting on top of other boats that had been destroyed.

Not sure I want to hear the updates now that daylight has arrived.

Good to get an update on everyone's safety, and praying that damage is minimal for our friends in Oklahoma.
default_pray.gif

I am SO glad that everyone is okay and safe. We are located in Tulsa, OK and we did have tornado hit about 17 yrs ago, it is about 1 mile from our house.

Now we have storm shelter.

In OKC as 1-40 and 44 is mostly "Tornado Alley" as mostly of the time and it mostly hit in OKC is the worst one.
default_sad.png

Just right in the middle of Oklahoma.

I hope everyone else is okay in OKC.

((HUGS)) to everyone.

Been wondering about Becky (Redrock) and Charlotte (Reflections). Aren't they close to OKC? Anyone heard from them?

Pam

Mary Shellhammer at Coyle OK, is okay. The storms hit all around her she said and a large 30 horse barn was hit and knocked to the ground. Several Vets were out there trying to save horses (big ones), she said it was really sad.

She has a visual frame overo son of Mimes and some other nice miniature horses - stallions and mares. She is OK33 the name of her farm and has about 20 mares and several stallions.

Beth

Redrock & Reflections are ok. Closest was about 8 miles north of us (our farms are about 3 miles apart)

thanks to the great weather reporting here, at 2 p.m. we put all horses in the barn so we wouldn't be out trying to round up in lightning and hail. When the sirens started going we locked down all the overhead doors on the barn and took oursleves and the doggies down into the torando shelter. Sat down there listening to the track on the storm radio.

Early on one was tracking for the Xerox plant on the west side of OkC. If one takes that track it's heading right for Becky. Luckily it turned more northward.

So Mary B hasn't checked in yet?

Charlotte

Has anyone heard from Velta Mcsperitt? She lives a few miles north of Seminole.

Has anyone heard from Velta Mcsperitt? She lives a few miles north of Seminole.

Velta would be the one I would be most concerned about, because I think Seminole was hit. I don't know her personally. I do have her number and email on my membership list.

I don't think any hit near Mary B., but she does travel around OK for her job.

Robin did you talk to Mary?

What about John Black and his family - farm is Black Thunder Farms - I think they are close to Tulsa area

Stacy

Tulsa had no bad weather. My oldest son lives up north of Tulsa in Claremore. Velta should have been fine. She is between I-40 and Hwy 9 and closer to Seminole which is 7-8 miles east of Tecumseh and Shawnee.

I don't have Mary's number
default_sad.png

I hope Velta is ok!

I'm glad to hear Charlotte, Becky & Rita are ok too!

Art, the horses and I are fine....Storms brewed about 40 miles North of us...

Mary B is ok. Talked to her tonight.

SO GLAD to hear it sounds like all the LB family is doing alright - even from here yesterday was a windy nutty weather day

I really feel for the folks in OK. I don't live there but was driving through at rush hour (I44 OK City) and I was scared to DEATH!
ohnoes.jpg
The wind was blowing, the sky was getting dirty with stuff blowing and the tornado sirens were going off. It was raining and hailing. I was pulling a two-horse with my ex's dually. I said to my friend Barbara "what should I do?" She looked around us at all of the cars pulling over under the bridges and said "they all live here and they are pulling over...PULL OVER!" So I parked (about 4 deep at that point) under a bridge and just sat. It was really scary. But the time we got passed the airport it had gotten better but the weather reports on the radio sounded like some areas really got it.

I sure all are ok.

Velta is fine but her barn took a hit messed top of hay barn up. Oh horses are fine also.

Glad to hear she is okay. Sorry about her barn, hopefully help will arrive for her to have it fixed.

Back