Oklahoma Tornado Relief

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viki

Reaction score
I have set up a PayPal account to help the Jenkins Family (WeeOkie Miniature Horse Farm) and the Wallis family (Moondance Horse Ranch) who were SEVERLY hit by the tornado's this week. These families have lost their homes, barns, fences, feed, and about everything else! If you'd like to donate do so at PayPal account [email protected]

So many of us live too far away to physically help but we can send a few dollars. No donation is too small. All will be SO appreciated.

Viki

Thank you! for setting up this PayPal account. It is a good idea to send it as a GIFT so hopefully you won't incur any PayPal fees.

No worries. IF there are fees involved, I will cover them. They wont come out of the donations.
default_wink.png

Viki

Viki,

Wanalynn & I are sending a donation via your PayPal address to be used where needed by both families! Tell Rita & Hugh and the Wallis family that they are in our thoughts and prayers!

Bill

W W Miniature Horse Farm

Thanks Bill! I sure will let them know!
default_saludando.gif

Oooops....to late. I just mailed donations for both of them to Davie yesterday.

Thank you, Viki, for coordinating this contribution. Watching the storms roll through Oklahoma and seeing the devestation caused is horrendous. Both of these families have been much in our thoughts, and I'll be sending a donation and helping wishes to them.

Hope your place is okay, and praying for clear calm weather in the coming weeks to allow for cleanup!

Thank you so much, Viki, for taking this on. It's an easy way for people to help when we can't physically.

Bonloubri, thanks for sending to Davie. That works too!
default_yes.gif

I know the Wallis's are also dealing with vet bills on several horses as well. So, any donations, no matter how small, really help!

Donation on the way. Do we know of any other mini farm that was hit hard and lost everything?

Pam

I havent heard of any other Mini farms in our area. Everyone I know is fine, except these two farms. Thank you everyone that has donated so far! And thank you everyone for prayers and good wishes for these people.

It's just so overwhelming to have THIS much damage.

Viki

I mailed a check out to Davie already...hope it helps for supplies and such. I cannot even imagine what they are going thru. We have had storm damage in the past with sheds & fences but in no way does this even compare!

Thanks! That works too! (sending to Davie) Every cent is very appreciated!

I would LOVE to donate to help these folks out. I would prefer to send a check to them directly or to you Viki to avoid paypal fees. Can you email me the information. Thank you so much!

[email protected]

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone that has offered to help! We (and those affected by these horrible storms) appreciate it more than you know.

I don't know how everyone has their PayPal accounts set up, but if you can send funds as 'Personal' there are no fees involved.
default_yes.gif

Has there been any update on how the families are doing? I heard the Wallis' were fighting with their insurance company about the house. Can you imagine the company not wanting to pay for repairs???? Grrrrrr

How are the injured horses doing?

Charlotte

I think the Jenkins are putting up fencing to move some horses out of cramped areas.

The Wallis' remaining horses are supposed to be picked up today to go to TX for a while.

The injured horses of the Wallis' here are continuing to heal. The one with the stapled jaw injury looks like it will heal with no to minimal scarring. The one with leg injuries is healing slower, but nevertheless healing and should be ok when all is said and done. No sign of infection. She is not thrilled with me doctoring her wounds twice a day, but I am getting it done.

Your donations are greatly appreciated!

The generosity of the Mini Horse community is so heart warming! Times are hard yet pockets are being dug into and donations are coming. Thank you everyone!
default_aktion033.gif

Viki

Thank you so much for setting this up. I was wondering about these families today. I had not been on the forum for a few days and was hoping an account had been set up with information posted. I will be looking up my paypal account info tomorrow or Friday and sending something. Every little bit will help. I know we are all feeling the bad economy right now but I do believe we are all thinking how hard it would be to be in their shoes right now. It is not so much how much you send but HOW MANY of us will reach into our pockets and give.

Thank you to those who have given and thank you to those who will pledge to give.

Please say you will.

Vickie, thanks for taking up the slack where I left off -- bad time for surgery that is for sure. I posted on a new topic the items I have received to date. Was not sure if my PayPal account was still active as I had not used it in a long time

Appreciate your help.

Davie

Latest posts

Back