Okay Friends, I need your help!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Kim, I am so sorry.
default_crybaby.gif
: The shock in your tone and the way you kept focusing on a common-place like placing the kitty just made me cry. Huge cyber hugs from here in WA.

Have you considered talking to the local veterinarians? You could find them in the phone book once you're down there or look online now (if a direct search for "no-kill shelter" doesn't work) and they should know all the local resources. Specify that you want no-kill.

Keeping you in my prayers tonight,

Leia

:no: :no: :no: :no: I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY,EXCEPT IM SO SORRY FOR YOUR NEWS :no: GOD BLESS

Kim, I am so very sorry to hear about you losing your Mom. I absolutely dread losing either of my parents and feel blessed to have them in my day to day life. I was thinking about what you said that you Mom was alone when she died and although that is true the fact that she had talked to you recently and you had said that you had loved her had to feel good for her. (hugs) About the kitty, I was wondering if after her service you could have the minister ask if anyone would be interested in taking her in??? Just a thought I had.

Pam

Kim, I am so very sorry about your mom. No matter the circumstances life gives us we all are given only one mom and dad and losing one or both is a huge blow. God will heal your pain with time. Concentrate on any good warm memeories and pour all your love into your dad.

Pamper yourself a bit, expect to grieve and don't have any expectations about how that may happen
Very true and good advice, barnbum. Grief is individual for each person.

There's no wrong way to grieve.

There's no set time to "get over it."

Best wishes as you go through this.

Oh No! I am so very sorry! My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Its not easy, my Mom died in 1985 and my Dad just passed in 2003.
default_sad.png
Keep her memories in your heart and she will always be with you.

Joyce

Kim, I'm so sorry for your loss - losing our parents is for most, inevitable. Doesn't make it any easier though. I remember thinking when my dad passed away, that it wasn't right for everyday things to just keep on going. He was so important it seemed life should stand still for awhile. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jan

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through. I live in a different state than my parents and I worry about them all the time as neither are in good health.

My deepest sympathies.

Kim,

I am so very sorry, I can just imagine the pain you are in...........losing a loved one is so hard....I lost my grandma in December....and although she lived a long life....I still have trouble with it.....TO lose your mother...Oh I am so sorry!!!!! :no:

You are in my prayers.

[SIZE=14pt]Kim Praying for peace for you all. So sorry for the loss of your mother.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Kim,

I am so very sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts.

There is a support group here in Boise that helps one deal with these kinds of losses. My Aunt (forum name Aunt_SunQuest) knows who they are and it is a free group. My Aunt met with them regulary for a while after her mom and dad passed away.

It is hard to learn to live with, and will take lots of time to learn to adjust to. Please feel free to call me if you need anything.

Oh... If it hasn't been mentioned (I admit I didn't read the whole thread), Ask the airlines when you call for getting a ticket if they have a "Hardship" type of ticket available for purchase. I know that in these types of situations, some airlines used to give discounts to help, at least that was the case at the time that my grandfather passed away in the 1990's.

Hugs to you!

Well, I have my ticket. I'm flying out early tomorrow morning, and meeting 5 of my 6 siblings at the airport. We'll work at cleaning out Mom's little house, and finding a place for her cat. My 6th brother will drive in on Friday. I'll drive back on Monday with my brother. I still haven't found a shelter yet. I have made a lot of calls, and have been on-line a lot. I just have to make that happen for my mom. She loved that cat a lot!

Thank you for your support...I don't know what I would do without you.

Kim R.

The suggestion from another Poster that you contact local Veterinarians for suggestions of a local shelter is a good one. They may even be helpful in finding the kitty a home.

MA

I'll give it a try...looking up vets in her area right now...

Kim R.

So Sorry for your lost.

Death of a close family member is never easy.

I have lost both of my wonderful parents.

Miss them deeply.

Hope this helps
default_wub.png
:

If someone close to you has died, you may be feeling many different emotions. You may be sad, worried, or scared. You might be shocked, unprepared, or confused. You might be feeling angry, cheated, relieved, guilty, exhausted, or just plain empty. Your emotions might be stronger or deeper than usual or mixed together in ways you've never experienced before.

You might also notice that your loss is affecting what you're thinking about and how you behave. If you're grieving, you might be having trouble concentrating, sleeping, eating, or feeling interested in the things you usually enjoy. You might be trying to act like you feel OK (even if you don't) because you want to be strong for someone else. And you may wonder if you will ever get over losing someone who means so much to you.

All of these emotions can be natural reactions to the death of someone close. They're part of the process of grieving

Please take care of yourself
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Kim, you have my most sincere sympathy. My mom has been gone for over 10 years now and we were very close. I know how it feels.

I'm headed to bed now...getting ready for an early flight out. Thank you for all of your thoughts and advice...it means a lot to me. I'll be away from the Forum until Tuesday...and then I'll check in. I'm still in shock...I'm not sure how I will feel when I get home.

Kim R.

Latest posts

Back