Okay Friends, I need your help!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Rule

Reaction score
I still can't believe it. I found out after work today. My dad called me, and told me as I was walking out to my car. Dad got the news in a round-about way...but he let us know as quick as he could. I nearly collapsed out there in the parking lot. I had to go inside to the school to settle down before I could drive the car.

None of us live in California...but there will be 4 of us going down there before Friday. I can't afford to, but I'm going anyway. I can't afford not to. We have many practical things to take care of. Besides that, I need to be there.

Mom is in Hemet. Okay, she WAS in Hemet...that is where her stuff is. She had a cat, and we need to find a place that will take the cat. It is an adult female, kind of skittish. I am unwilling to take it to the pound, but can't bring it home. Is there a place in that area that does not euthanize? I sure don't want to take her to the pound. If anyone is down there, could you let me know? I'll have to find a good place for the cat. She's been an indoor cat all her life...

I am just beside myself...there is so much to do...and the sadness is overwhelming. I haven't seen my mom in years, but we kept in contact. I talked to her just last week. At least I took the time then to tell her I loved her. She died horribly, and alone...Mom would have been 75 March 17th. She was an angry, bitter woman...and she lived the end of her life with a lot of pain. But I still loved her. I still love her. How does one live without their mother to talk to?

I'm sorry...I'm rambling now...if anyone can help me out with the cat, I would be very grateful...

Kim R.

OMG Kim. I'm SOO sorry for your loss. I'm having a hard time with my Dad right now and I have no idea how you live without them. I speak to mine at least once or twice a week and see them at least once a month. I really don't think I could handle it if I lost one.

When my husband lost his Dad, all they could do was take it one day at a time. I can't offer much more than that except maybe some cyber hugs. {{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Oh wow, that's just... I'm so sorry... (((BIG HUGS))) :no: I don't know what to say.

Maybe someone from the forum can give your mother's cat a loving new home?

OH Kim!!!!! I can't believe it! I'm soooooooo sorry! I wish there were words that could help you right now, but I don't think there is anything to take that shock away. I will hold you and your family in my prayers....

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

l'm very sorry for the loss of your mother l know it's a sad time.

Oh, Kim ... I am just speechless... I am so, so sorry...and today is my mother's birthday - she passed away in 1975 at age 45, when I was 14...

Yes, there are quite a few places that can help with your mom's cat. You have a lot to take care of, and the number one thing to take care of is yourself.

Let us know what you need - I'm in So. Cal. - not near Hemet, but let me know if I can help.

Liz R.

Kim - I'm so sorry about your Mom.....keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers..

Take care and God Bless...

I am so very sorry! My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Carol

Our condolences to you and your family.
default_pray.gif
:

I'm so sorry for your loss. I just lost my mom Feb 8th and it's very hard. I did have a great relationship with her but didn't live in the same State; but saw her 3-4 times a year and talked to her every week just about.

I do have a wonderful support group with my church friends and my family. I find it very comforting that I can wear some of my mom's clothes; so I got a nightgown and some pj's and I like wearing them. They don't have her smell but they do remind me of her. I have pictures of her on my dresser and on my nightstand so I see her just before bed and first thing in the morning. I don't wear jewelry, so wasn't interested in any except one small old fashioned pin that I wore on a jacket to her funeral service.

Mom had a brief illness and still can't believe she is gone. Her memories and your memories of your mom will live forever. It might help to do some journaling of your everyday thoughts about your mom and family memories.

I did find something odd today, I woke up kinda angry with my mom for no longer living. Strange, huh?? Well, just know that you will go through a roller coaster with your emotions; but stay close to friends, even this forum to help you.

I hope you find a great home for your mom's kitty cat. Peace to you.

My deepest sympathy to you and your family. Take care and know your in my prayers.

I am so very sorry for your loss, Kim. You sound like you are at peace with your communications with her and that is a very good thing at this point.

It won't be easy for a while, but you will gradually find a comforting peace with this newest development, at least that is my experience with having lost my "mom" my grandmother over ten years ago.

I have no help about the cat...

My thoughts are with you,

Liz M.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts.

My mom passed away almost 10 years ago(March 19), the hurt lessens with time but I still miss her.

This forum is so supporitave it is good that you came here. I wish I had, had the courage to post and 'talk' about it to these great people. Of course now there are a lot of 'new' people here that were not part of the family then. I know though if I had I would have received the same wonderful support.

((((((((HUGS))))))))

Oh, Kim.....Sending you a big "cyber hug"! What a confused mix of feelings you must be going through.

Your mom was your MOM. No matter what or why or whatever........ There was and IS love.

And love never dies. Please remember that, Kim.

Your mom's cat is just an example of the capacity of your mom's love........

MA

I am SO glad I came here to talk to all of you...This is one of those times that friends are an incredible thing to have. My husband is stuck in Portland. He tried to get a flight out tonight, so he could be with me, but he couldn't. He'll be home at 8 tomorrow morning. It feels so good to have my friends gather round. I had a friend that I e-mailed...and she called and all she said was "do you want me to come over?" I said yes, and she was here in less than half an hour...we talked for a couple of hours. She just went home...How would I survive without you?

I'll know more about travel arrangements tomorrow. I have three brothers who will be going to California too...I'll be with them as soon as I can.

Thank you all...I still need to find a place for the cat...any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Kim R

Kim, I'm so very sorry about your mom. {{{Hugs}}} I know how hard it is to lose family.

I wish I could help with the cat. I'm from CA and have family there but I don't know where Helmet is.

I can tell you're in shock right now. I hope you have someone with you when you need the hug once this sinks in more. I'm so glad you talked to her and told her you loved her last week. I'm so sorry.

I'm so sorry for your loss Kim. I can't imagine not having my mom(and dad) to talk too. They're both 77 now. I wish I could help with the cat....I actually do know where Hemet is, I have a friend that lives there but she's not a cat person. Again, my condolences.

Hemet is outside of San Diego. I am sorry about the loss of your mom. I lost my dad and I know how hard it can be. I am up by Sacramento so not much help with the the kitty either. I know that the animal shelter a few miles from here where I grew up does not put cats down and keeps them until they are adopted. But, that is still up here and no where near where the kitty is.

Back