OK, OK I CONFESS!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REO

Reaction score
I confess! I was lucky enough to get one of the COH mares!

Let me tell you all something you don't know. I have wanted a buckskin for 30 or so years! (Yes ever since Bonanza!) For 18 years I have LOVED Buckeroo. I always wanted to go see him, just so I could maybe touch him and talk to him, and now it's too late.
default_sad.png
I have dreamed of not just having a buckskin, but a Buckeroo bred one. And not just any old Buckeroo one, but a NICE one!

I've tried having a buckskin before but they didn't work out. I had a beautiful buckskin born this year but I'd sold her before hubby told me he planned on getting the loan! I've been very down about that.

NO I didn't need another horse! Yes I'm trying to cut back my numbers. And now I'll have to cut back yet another keeper because of this. Yes we need hay like everyone else in OK. I do not go around buying horses. And I don't buy & sell. I had NO plans to buy any horse this year.

BUT when I saw her, she was all I've ever wanted and when I started to cry, I knew I had to try! My chest actually hurt, I wanted her so bad!

Hubby had just gotten a loan so we could by a nice used car! (our old one blew up 10 months ago!) And since we had plenty left over (And I had talked the salesman down in price a LOT!) he said I could bid in this mare!

The auction was fun and nerve wracking at the same time!!! Jana was SO sweet to me through it all!

From now on this mare's barn name is JANNA in her honor!

I know many will understand that this was not just any ol purchase for me and that if I had not tried, I would have never forgotten (nor forgiven myself) for the rest of my life! This was a once in a life time for ME.

THIS mare and another of the buckskin mares are coming here and will be bred to Nort next year!

They will be brought here by Mike Rosauer soon!

Please meet COH BTS VANNA

janna.jpg

I'm SO thrilled I can't stand it! Thanks for letting me share!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well good gosh, of course you HAD to have her. Just look at her. she is amazing. I would have taken her home too if I saw her around my area. Good thing I live so far away from all these auctions. Congratulations. Absolutely stunning.

Congratulations Robin. Yep, I sure understand that you had to have her. She is very nice!

Beautiful girl, Robin, Congratulations.

HUGS to hubby, too, for understanding how important

this was to you!

Don't tell Nort right away or he's going to be

as excited as you LOL

Thanks!

I forgot to say she has Buckeroo up close 3 times!
default_wub.png

Beautiful Lady REO. She and the other buckskin can come visit Double anytime.

Davie

Congratulations!

I couldn't bid or buy, but she's one I had my eye on, and would love to have brought her home.

What a lovely mare. Big congratulations, not only on getting the mare but on having such a wonderful and understanding guy. Seems like you have good judgment in both husbands and horses.
default_wink.png

BIG CONGRATULATIONS.. I always say. never say never.. or NO more.. tee hee

She is a looker ...

I definitely understand seeing a horse that you just HAVE to have.
default_yes.gif

In fact, (and I "blame" Robin for this, since she pointed me in that direction, lol), I bought a mare from the sale too. Something about her pictures just called to me.
default_wub.png
Here is WF Zeus Desire:

dee.jpg

Zeus_Desire2.jpg

Her sire, Little Kings Buck Zeus, is a son of Buckeroo, and has sired World Champions, including WF Zeus Lightning Bolt, and WF Zeus Athena. "Desire" will be going to Robin's to be bred to Lotto; I LOVE his foals, and this won't be my first.
default_smile.png
It means I won't get to see Desire in person until next year after she's bred, but it will be worth it.
default_wub.png

And congratulations to you, Robin!

Big Congratulations! She is a real beauty.
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif
default_biggrin.png

I was also bidding on a couple. They went too high for my budget!

I thought about asking on here or FB if anyone else in my area was bidding to help with transport. Guess I should have then!

Enjoy her!
default_wub.png

:wubcongrats to both of you on your buckskin beauties!!! My FAVORITE color!!! Like I said WAY too many beautiful horses offered all over! Enjoy them, they are gorgeous

Thanks! Like Reo, I had no intention of buying this year, and wasn't looking, but one can't go around with their eyes closed ALL the time-- you run into walls and such. *grin* And once I laid eyes on this mare I became obsessed.
default_smile.png

Congrats Robin and Lori also!
default_smile.png

Beautiful beautiful girls!!
default_smile.png

Susan O.

Congratulations Robin!!! She is beautiful girl
default_aktion033.gif

And congratulations to you too Magic, I own a paternal sister to your pretty new girl
default_wub.png
Gotta love those Buckeroo gals
default_yes.gif

Congratulations Robin.She is a beautiful mare. It is wonderful to have an understanding husband as I have one too.

Latest posts

Back