Ok I give up!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try this... instead of planting them as seeds out there, start the seeds in little paper cups or the plastic packs you get from a nursery or wal-mart until you have the seedling up and strong and have a couple extra leaves on them, then plant them.... the squirrels are less likely to bother them then... that's what we always do. Oh and just for thought, it takes about 90-120 days (90 I think... different pumpkins mature at different rates) for a pumpkin to mature.... we usually plant ours in June so they will be ready for fall.... Just a thought...

Chris

Edited to say... you can grow pumpkins out of a large flower pot too... we did... accidentally... those were some of the best pie pumpkins!

Last edited by a moderator:
Deb,

Haven't you ever been to a squirrel show??? You should stop shooting them and start training them!!!!

There are really great cash prizes in the waterskiing division-

twiggy-big.jpg

skisquirrel1.jpg

The dancing competitions, though, is where my squirrels usually clean up-

shim.gif

We have a squirrel feeder out and they don't bother anything else. So far this year, we have to red squirrels and one little grey squirrel. They are just so cute. Ours have been having a war with the wood peckers.

last year i looked into our back yard and there was a pumpkin plant. no one knows where the seeds came from, but one day it just came up, and we got 2 pumpkins out of it.

i don't know how to help you with your squirrels, but the squirrel pie sounds good to me lol

Wow Horse Hugs.....those are some pretty special sqirrel show pictures!!! :new_shocked: You always gotta love a waterskiing/dancing rodent! :bgrin :aktion033:

Marty you sure that you have sugar gliders and not just your basic flying squirrel? Suger Gliders are from australia and new guniea, and Don't do well in the real cold at all, however there is a northern flying squirrel that lives in you area that is native, and would do fine in your climate... Sugar gliders look like this...
feedtmb.jpg

and flying squirrels look like this
flyingsquirrel1a.jpg
MA0112_1m.jpg

I breed sugar gliders, have for years, they are Great pets, but not very hardy when it come to the out door life stlyle in colder climates...

Oh Sandy! I just love you to pieces. You have made my day and I am so tickled! "Love your squirrels". Now show me your ribbons and trophies. Shain and Bob are too amused and cracking up here.

Edited to say... you can grow pumpkins out of a large flower pot too... we did... accidentally... those were some of the best pie pumpkins!
Saaayyyyy now there's a thought!! :aktion033: I think I will start the plants inside as seedlings and then plant them in a HUGE barrell planter I have outside by my ponds. And thanks for all the ideas guys!

Latest posts

Back