OK Another Color Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tshack

Reaction score
What would you call this little guy? The hair around his muzzle is almost grulla or buckskin. Any Ideas?

MonteandBuzz0052.jpg

MonteandBuzz0092.jpg

MonteandBuzz0172.jpg

What color is his sire? He looks to be, from the pictures, a dark bay. Bays can have a "mealy" coloring to their muzzles sometimes.

I LOVE that pic of the colt and the baby boy-- ADORABLE!!!!
default_wub.png

default_aktion033.gif
two handsome fellows

what color are the foals parents?

The mare is sorrel with a touch of flaxen in her mane and tail. The stud is Registered black. But his mane and tail always seem to keep a bit of flaxen in them, he's out of a chocolate dapple/with flaxen mane and tail mare and a jet black stud.

Thanks on the complements too. My son is 17 1/2 months old and he LOVES this little guy, every day we go down to the barn he's got ot goup and give him hugs and kisses. LOL

No suggestions on the color, but the photo of your son and the colt is darling !
default_biggrin.png

Peggy

I don't know much about color but he does look a little grulla. But all i have to say is that the last picture is absolutley adorable!
default_wub.png

Edit: spelling

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, he can't be a grulla - he would need a dun parent... at this stage he looks dark bay to me!
default_yes.gif

Well, he can't be a grulla - he would need a dun parent... at this stage he looks dark bay to me!
default_yes.gif

Thanks I'll have to look for some pics of dark bays.

Another question, to gain a Grulla does it only have ot be a parent or can it be a great grandparent? (not argueing since so many have agreed, I'm just curious)

default_yes.gif

Thanks I'll have to look for some pics of dark bays.

Another question, to gain a Grulla does it only have ot be a parent or can it be a great grandparent? (not argueing since so many have agreed, I'm just curious)
Has to be a parent, dun is dominant so it doesn't "skip" a generation

Jessi

Latest posts

Back