Oil prices

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlesteppers

Reaction score
I believe this is better than a huge stimulus package..Now if the utility companies ,that upped all the energy cost (25 increase electric alone here in TN) would come down again..(will not happen But would be nice) we would have something..I believe that oil prices are a HUGE factor in this economy..I also believe the 147.00 barrels where connected to the housing crises..I believe self serving prophecies where a way to try to recover huge losses on sub prime..now if we can stop using our food (corn) in our fuel tanks..all prices should go down..transporting food -down, harvesting..too..we had a second place record crop on corn on top oif all this..

Any thoughts???

Now if only fuel prices fell as fast. I do not understand why they can increase fuel the day oil per barrel rises, but cant lower fuel the same way. Can we say GREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I agree, we wouldnt have needed a stimulus check if fuel prices had stayed low.

Last edited by a moderator:
It won't stay down. OPEC is going to cut back on drilling/distribution.

I heard too that it won't stay down long. It's a relief though to have it this low for awhile. Almost seems unreal.

Weeelll..actually Opec said they are NOT sure if they will cut production

Gas, here in SW Okla. is at it's lowest in quite sometime...$2.29....We can only hope it will continue to fall.

Gas, here in SW Okla. is at it's lowest in quite sometime...$2.29....We can only hope it will continue to fall.
Wow, you are kidding. We are paying a dollar a gallon more here in Central California. If I could get gas that cheep I'd start traveling in my motorhome again.

Wow, you are kidding. We are paying a dollar a gallon more here in Central California. If I could get gas that cheep I'd start traveling in my motorhome again.
Yup thats a good way to get these prices right back up!!
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png

Now if only fuel prices fell as fast. I do not understand why they can increase fuel the day oil per barrel rises, but cant lower fuel the same way. Can we say GREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It also really ticks me off that I still am paying fuel surcharges on all of the deliveries made to my shop. Fuel is now cheaper then when the surcharges were added. You said it all in one word, GREED.

gary

It also really ticks me off that I still am paying fuel surcharges on all of the deliveries made to my shop. Fuel is now cheaper then when the surcharges were added. You said it all in one word, GREED.

gary
Yeah right..all these truckers just getting rich..have you looked lately what Diesel cost? Let me tell you we still pay a LOT more than the surcharge is..and I bet your fuel surcharge went down..

Yup thats a good way to get these prices right back up!!
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png
default_sad.png
OK, I'll stay home to keep the gas prices down.
default_sad.png
default_sad.png
No ..go travel..Obama said get you a Micro car in the last debate..
default_laugh.png

green_car26406_wideweb__470x356,0.jpg

Nope not kidding, and if I saw it right coming home at the same station (Loves) Diesel was $3.49, it can keep coming down as far as we are concerned. We travel approx. 70 miles round trip to work 5-6 days a week.

You know, I wouldn't mind someone sharing their wealth with me so I could have one of those micro cars...
default_wink.png

I am not wondering if fuel prices are falling because a Dem is in the lead. Now, dont bite my head off, just think back in time. It seems a trend that during the Prez elections, if the Dem is in the lead, fuel prices drop. I think this happens because well, oil companies generally back Republicans and if a Dem comes in, they dont want their past actions looked into. JMHO and I am not meaning this to be a rant, just trying to state what I see happening. Fire away
default_laugh.png

I am not wondering if fuel prices are falling because a Dem is in the lead. Now, dont bite my head off, just think back in time. It seems a trend that during the Prez elections, if the Dem is in the lead, fuel prices drop. I think this happens because well, oil companies generally back Republicans and if a Dem comes in, they dont want their past actions looked into. JMHO and I am not meaning this to be a rant, just trying to state what I see happening. Fire away
default_laugh.png
Yup..I am convinced now
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png

gary
Yeah right..all these truckers just getting rich..have you looked lately what Diesel cost? Let me tell you we still pay a LOT more than the surcharge is..and I bet your fuel surcharge went down..
These are not truckers getting rich. I'm talking about my local suppliers, making local deliveries, in company trucks. They add a set fee to the invoice of each order delivered that day. For example, $15.00 added at each stop, 20 stops per day equals $300.00. You cannot convince me that the company is not charging more than the amount to offset the increase in fuel. I would not complain about them charging to cover their increased cost, but in this instance they are actually adding to their profit for overcharging on "increased fuel prices".

My fuel surcharges have gone done on deliveries made by common carrier, but not on those deliveries made by my local vendors.

Gary

gary
These are not truckers getting rich. I'm talking about my local suppliers, making local deliveries, in company trucks. They add a set fee to the invoice of each order delivered that day. For example, $15.00 added at each stop, 20 stops per day equals $300.00. You cannot convince me that the company is not charging more than the amount to offset the increase in fuel. I would not complain about them charging to cover their increased cost, but in this instance they are actually adding to their profit for overcharging on "increased fuel prices".

My fuel surcharges have gone done on deliveries made by common carrier, but not on those deliveries made by my local vendors.

Gary
Well Gary..we finally got a hard push about these fuel surcharges..we had a strong leader in the DEMOCRATIC leader from Oregon neverless..DeFazio..soon it will get into law that the fuel surcharges have to be paid directly to the person that pays for the fuel..ain't that grande..
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png

Many brokers just pocketed about half..and the truckers had NO way of checking it..

gary

Gary
Well Gary..we finally got a hard push about these fuel surcharges..we had a strong leader in the DEMOCRATIC leader from Oregon neverless..DeFazio..soon it will get into law that the fuel surcharges have to be paid directly to the person that pays for the fuel..ain't that grande..
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png

Many brokers just pocketed about half..and the truckers had NO way of checking it..
In my case these deliveries are not being made by semi trucks, sometimes regular vans, but the surcharge is always the same. I just wish they would tell me that they were no longer offering free delivery instead of padding their profit by charging overinflated charges.

gary

I understand what you are saying..BUT and its a big BUT (like mine
default_laugh.png
)

I betcha the goods whatever it is was on a semi One time or another..

People always complain about the trucks ..anything you ever buy was on a truck one time or another..

Maybe they should just charge a flat delivery fee..might be better..
default_saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back